22 Balsamic Recipes That Are Beyond Basic
Balsamic vinegar is like ranch dressing’s healthy cousin — diverse enough to use in just about any and every recipe, but it doesn’t do what the white stuff does — ruin your diet. Usually confined to your typical Italian restaurant, balsamic vinegar doesn’t get the credit it deserves. But we’re here to change that. Get ready to glaze, drizzle, dip and bake your way into balsamic heaven.
1. Spinach and Mushroom Crepes With Balsamic Tomato Jam: Jam is, well, our jam. Get your canning on with this easy and beautiful recipe. (via Emma’s Little Kitchen)
2. Grilled Peaches With Rosemary and Balsamic Vinegar: Grilled fruits and veggies are a summertime staple. Mix sweet and sour with fruit and balsamic vinegar. (via The Framed Table)
4. Balsamic Fig Glazed Pork With Blistered Cherry Tomatoes: The most gorgeous meal and it’s hearty enough for the harvest time of year. Invite friends over to celebrate the fall equinox or bring it along to your office Thanksgiving potluck. (via Half-Baked Harvest)
5. Balsamic Roasted Chickpeas: The cool thing about chickpeas is that you can roast them to your fancy. Amp up the oven temp for extra crunchy, or keep it on the down low for softer snacks. (via The Wheatless Kitchen)
9. Balsamic Strawberries With Ricotta Cream Maple Glazed Nuts: Nuts, grains and other trail mix ingredients are perfect opportunities for using a balsamic reduction. (via Half-Baked Harvest)
10. Slow Cooker Balsamic Honey Pulled Pork: A great meal you can prep and throw in a slow cooker for the day and be done with when you get home at night, making it perfect for the workin’ woman or busy student. (via Just A Taste)
12. Cheesy Prosciutto Pizza With Honey Balsamic Reduction: Not your typical caprese pizza — honey, cheese and balsamic come together to make possibly the funkiest, most delicious pizza ever. (via Cooking Classy)
18. Balsamic Cherry Pie With Whole Wheat Black Pepper Crust: If you have a harvest festival or fair to attend, enter this beauty in the pie competition. It’s a winner. (via With the Grains)
20. Strawberry Balsamic Cocktail: A great custom cocktail for your next girl’s night in — fruit purees and syrupy sauces are a perfect marriage for adult beverages. Who knew? (via Food Fashion And Fun)
21. Ricotta and Goat Cheese Crostini, Candied Cherry Tomatoes + Balsamic Glaze: Ricotta pairs perfectly with balsamic. Add in a glass of rosé and you’re good to go. (via Fork + Spoon)
22. Greek Style Sweet Potatoes With Balsamic Glaze: Finally, a sweet potato recipe that doesn’t involve brown sugar or marshmallows. This is something new, but still fulfills all your fall comfort food needs. (via Colorful Eats)
What’s your favorite way to use balsamic vinegar? See anything new in this roundup that you’d like to try? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)