Balsamic vinegar is like ranch dressing’s healthy cousin — diverse enough to use in just about any and every recipe, but it doesn’t do what the white stuff does — ruin your diet. Usually confined to your typical Italian restaurant, balsamic vinegar doesn’t get the credit it deserves. But we’re here to change that. Get ready to glaze, drizzle, dip and bake your way into balsamic heaven.
1. Spinach and Mushroom Crepes With Balsamic Tomato Jam: Jam is, well, our jam. Get your canning on with this easy and beautiful recipe. (via Emma’s Little Kitchen)
2. Grilled Peaches With Rosemary and Balsamic Vinegar: Grilled fruits and veggies are a summertime staple. Mix sweet and sour with fruit and balsamic vinegar. (via The Framed Table)
4. Balsamic Fig Glazed Pork With Blistered Cherry Tomatoes: The most gorgeous meal and it’s hearty enough for the harvest time of year. Invite friends over to celebrate the fall equinox or bring it along to your office Thanksgiving potluck. (via Half-Baked Harvest)
5. Balsamic Roasted Chickpeas: The cool thing about chickpeas is that you can roast them to your fancy. Amp up the oven temp for extra crunchy, or keep it on the down low for softer snacks. (via The Wheatless Kitchen)
9. Balsamic Strawberries With Ricotta Cream Maple Glazed Nuts: Nuts, grains and other trail mix ingredients are perfect opportunities for using a balsamic reduction. (via Half-Baked Harvest)
10. Slow Cooker Balsamic Honey Pulled Pork: A great meal you can prep and throw in a slow cooker for the day and be done with when you get home at night, making it perfect for the workin’ woman or busy student. (via Just A Taste)
12. Cheesy Prosciutto Pizza With Honey Balsamic Reduction: Not your typical caprese pizza — honey, cheese and balsamic come together to make possibly the funkiest, most delicious pizza ever. (via Cooking Classy)
18. Balsamic Cherry Pie With Whole Wheat Black Pepper Crust: If you have a harvest festival or fair to attend, enter this beauty in the pie competition. It’s a winner. (via With the Grains)
20. Strawberry Balsamic Cocktail: A great custom cocktail for your next girl’s night in — fruit purees and syrupy sauces are a perfect marriage for adult beverages. Who knew? (via Food Fashion And Fun)
21. Ricotta and Goat Cheese Crostini, Candied Cherry Tomatoes + Balsamic Glaze: Ricotta pairs perfectly with balsamic. Add in a glass of rosé and you’re good to go. (via Fork + Spoon)
22. Greek Style Sweet Potatoes With Balsamic Glaze: Finally, a sweet potato recipe that doesn’t involve brown sugar or marshmallows. This is something new, but still fulfills all your fall comfort food needs. (via Colorful Eats)
What’s your favorite way to use balsamic vinegar? See anything new in this roundup that you’d like to try? Tell us in the comments below!