12 Black + White Wedding Dresses for the Adventurous Bride
White wedding dresses are without a doubt beautiful and classic, but more and more brides are going with colored, printed and yes, even black wedding dresses. An all-black dress may be too far out for most brides, but incorporating elements of black into an all-white dress is surprisingly feminine and the contrast is perfect for any upcoming winter weddings. Let these 12 black and white wedding dresses inspire you to try an only-you look on your wedding day.
1. Lela Rose: Yup, you can rock a bare midriff at your wedding! This dress expertly walks the fine line between sexy and sweet and combines some of the season’s biggest trends: off-the-shoulder tops and crop tops.
2. Beaded Silk Chiffon Gown ($1,254): This Mara Hoffman bead-embellished maxi should be on every boho bride’s must-try-on list.
3. Silver Sequined Wedding Dress ($1,690): A glitzy bodice and a flowy skirt are perfectly tied together with a simple black sash.
4. Vera Wang: Make a serious statement by adding super long black gloves to your wedding look. This is a perfect way to incorporate black into your look if you’re not ready to take the plunge with black on the actual dress. (Although we really, really love the delicate black lace bodice.)
5. Maggie Sottero Ball Gown: Delicate black flowers sprinkled over this dress keep it looking feminine and let you have your princess ball gown moment, while still being a little edgy.
6. Vera Wang: Vera Wang’s Spring 2014 collection is full of gorgeous black and white dresses, and this is just another example of their perfection. Draw attention upwards (toward your glowing face!) with a simple, asymmetrical strap.
7. Black and White Stripes ($280): The stripes, the layers of tulle, the tea-length skirt…. this is perfect for a vintage vibe. We totally won’t blame you for stealing the photo shoot idea as well.
9. Marchesa: The sheer illusion neckline makes it look like the black flowers are just draped across your neck, and the flowers on the hips act like a belt to emphasize your waist. Who needs accessories after this?
10. Rachel Zoe Vera Cutout Maxi Dress ($395): For brides who like to keep things simple, go with a sleek silhouette with minimal details. The long sleeves are offset by the sexy side cutouts, which keeps this from looking matronly.
11. Lela Rose: There are so many details in this dress that we just love! The single stripe down the middle and the little geometric shaped details on the top give this dress a couture look that’s anything but traditional.
12. J.Crew Juliette Gown ($1,800): Less is absolutely more in the case of this dress. The long column shape and the understated black belt are so sophisticated, and the little scallop lace details give this dress that romantic, wedding feel.
Would you wear black on your big day? Did you wear a unique or different dress at your wedding? Let us know below!