Whether we’re using it to customize dishes, design our own cheese trays or even make unique to-go boxes for leftovers, it’s no secret that we love chalkboard paint and all the cool things we can do with it. Another thing we love? Chalkboard-inspired weddings, which let couples carry the look over to everything from ceremony backdrops to chair signs. Check out these 21 creative ideas, and get ready to chalk up plenty of fun at your wedding.
1. DIY Printable Invitation ($35): Planning a spring wedding? Floral designs and pops of color make this printable invitation a beautiful choice for garden-inspired “I do’s.”
2. Welcome Sign: Welcome guests in style with a chalkboard sign featuring your names, the date and some colorful artwork. You can even take things a step further by creating a chalkboard “program” instead of passing around traditional printouts. (via Kirsten Julia)
3. Instagram Sign: As long as they don’t interfere with the pros, guest photographers can help capture even more fun memories. Display your hashtag throughout the reception to make sure everyone remembers to share. (via W+E Photographie)
4. Ceremony Backdrop: A chalk “scoreboard” provides a playful backdrop at this “Game of Love” inspiration shoot, which also features a pinwheel bouquet, popcorn-box programs and a unique beer and pretzel bar. (via Katie Cassidy Photography)
5. Photo Backdrop: Whether you use it as a ceremony backdrop or as a whimsical photo booth during the reception, a giant chalkboard is non-traditional in the coolest way possible. (via Aimee McAuley Photography)
6. Flower Girl Sign: Not digging the idea of a standard flower girl basket? With just a little chalkboard paint and an old mirror or platter, you can send her down the aisle carrying something super special and unexpected. (via The Simple Things Studio)
7. Mason Jar Escort Glasses: Looking to shorten your to-do list? Personalized mason jars make great favors and let you skip the paper escort cards. (via Beaux Arts Photographie)
8. Mason Jar Bride + Groom Glasses: Sparkly stemware-inspired mason jar glasses deliver chic country charm. (via Park Road Photography)
9. Place Settings: Dress up reception tables with simple, stylish chalkboard place settings you can reuse later at holiday dinners, birthday parties and more. (via Katch Silva)
10. Menu: Going for a more elegant look? A black menu with white script is a timeless and classy choice. (via Kristin Spencer Photography)
11. Centerpiece Accents: Spread a little extra love by slipping mini chalkboard hearts into rustic centerpiece arrangements or simply use them as drink stirrers. (via Spottswood Photography)
12. Chair Signs: Your sweetheart chairs are sure to stand out when you decorate them with an eclectic combo of sashes, wreaths and chalkboard signs. (via Jen Rodriguez Photography)
13. Reception Backdrop: Think winter weddings have to be all about ice crystals and evergreens? This South Carolina couple gave their December day an unconventional twist with stripes, pomegranate accents, gold details and a gorgeous chalkboard mural. (via Landon Jacob)
14. Drink Display: Go vintage by displaying drinks on an old dresser and writing their names on a chalkboard mirror. This is an especially fun idea if you’re serving a signature cocktail. (via Matt and Ashley Photography)
15. Coasters ($1): Of course, once guests have that refreshing signature sip in hand, they’ll need a place to put it. Chalkboard-inspired coasters get the job done.
16. Cake Table Backdrop: Chalk displays don’t have to be elaborate to be beautiful. We love the way this simple drawing complements a low-key naked cake. (via Annabella Charles)
17. Dessert Table Backdrop: This dessert display combines three things we heart – garlands, oversized paper blooms and dramatic chalkboard lettering. (via EE Photography)
18. Cake Toppers: Ditch the old-school figurines and say “I do” to a set of adorable chalkboard toppers. (via Diana Daley)
19. Cake: You know how we love featuring wedding cakes that are almost too pretty to eat? Well, here’s even more eye candy to swoon over. (via Hazelwood Photo)
20. Favor Sign + Tags: Let love grow by sending guests home carrying small succulent favors with chalkboard-inspired tags. (via Mirelle Carmichael)
21. Thank You Sign: DIY a thank you sign with the help of this fun four-step tutorial. Capture a cute photo and use it to design custom thank you cards everyone will love. (via Caught the Light)
How do you plan to chalk up your wedding day? Start sharing below!