We’re crazy for color, and we know you are too. That’s why we are *huge* fans of color-blocked everything — it seriously ups the WOW factor of our lives. Color equals mood, after all, so why not go bolder, brighter and happier? As it turns out, it’s even possible to add some color to your recipes, making your cooking and eating experiences that much more creative. Whether you want to keep it simple with sprinkles or are a lover of ALL THINGS rainbow, here are 13 of our favorite color-dipped recipes to try out at home.
1. Dipped Colorblock Sugar Cookies: These delectable and adorable sugar cookies are great for parties, hostess gifts and creative nights at home with a bottle of wine. Hint: To create your color palette, combine two of your chosen colors to create the third. It’ll give the theme cohesion. (via Love and Olive Oil)
2. Color Blocked Waffle Bites: Spice up your go-to waffle recipe with this fun trick. This colorful frosting is uber easy to make too: All you need is food dye, butter, a few tablespoons of milk, vanilla extract and some powdered sugar. These are *so* sweet you won’t even need syrup on top! (via The Crafted Life)
3. Confetti Oreos: As if Oreos weren’t already fun enough, here’s a colorful way to serve them: dipped in colorful melting chocolate and covered with sprinkles. Try to use the same chocolate hues as a color found in the sprinkles to keep things matchy. (via Sprinkles for Breakfast)
4. Color Dipped Cherries: This super-simple treat can be made with any shade you choose, but we love this ombre-inspired scheme. Simply dip some cherries into melting chocolate or dyed frosting, let dry and enjoy! (via Style Me Pretty)
5. Rainbow Donuts: These are SO pretty, and they’re perfect for baby showers, birthday parties and other events. They’re basically donuts dipped in frosting and covered with an array of colorful breakfast cereals, forming a rainbow and cloud pattern that we think is super adorable. We bet they’re pretty yummy too. (via The First Year)
6. Chocolate Dipped Banana Chips: Get your fruits in with these cute little banana chips dipped in dyed chocolate and topped with sprinkles. Bonus points for adding them to your favorite homemade trail mix. (via Paper & Stitch)
7. Color Dipped Waffle Recipe: Here’s another way to turn your basic waffles into works of art. We recommend making a waffle batter that’s slightly thicker than usual so as to keep these babies on the smaller side. This will make it MUCH easier to dip them into colorful frosting, and who doesn’t want THAT? (via Lovely Indeed)
8. Marbled Oreos: Give your basic Oreos a makeover with marbled frosting that looks amazing and tastes even better. To create the marbled look, all you have to do is swirl a few different colors around in some melted white chocolate. (via Sprinkles for Breakfast)
9. Chocolate-Dipped Marshmallows: Dip some marshmallows in melted chocolate and cover with rainbow sprinkles to make these festive treats. As a bonus, it only takes these guys about 30 minutes in the fridge to dry before they’re ready to eat. (via Give Recipe)
10. Gold Dipped Donuts: There’s nothing boring about shimmery gold food! These gold-dipped donuts are perfect for entertaining. You’ll need to use edible gold mist, edible gold leaf or gold pearl dust to give them their color. (via Studio DIY)
11. Ombre Candy-Dipped Cookies: Get your creative juices flowing with these incredibly pretty little pastries. You’ll use Candy Melts to create all the shades in your ombre-inspired palette. Bonus points if you make cookies in more than one color scheme. (via Wilton)
12. Colour Dipped Marshmallows: It really doesn’t get much simpler than this: Just add some food coloring to a bit of water, dip a marshmellow in partway and let dry. Like, really — that’s it! (via Idlewife)
13. Color Dipped Gingerbread Cookies: These *darling* gingerbread cookies are perfect for serving at parties as the holiday season approaches. They’re everything you already love about holiday cookies, with a little color for extra prettiness. (via Studio DIY)
Follow us on Pinterest for more pretty, colorful food inspiration!