Must-Haves for Your Next DIY Night With the Gang
DIY parties are kind of our jam. Really though, what better way to spend an afternoon than making cool stuff with your peeps? Today, we’re pairing up with Windsor Vineyards to bring you a quick guide on what you’ll need to make your parDIY one for the books.
Let’s get to it!
Get: You guys, Windsor Vineyards now makes wine labels that you can color in their Windsor Drink & Draw Party Packs, so you can flex those creative muscles even while you’re sipping some red. They are customizable (you can use a template or design your own), and there is only a two-bottle minimum, though let’s face it — you probably want to get a case :) The wine is award-winning, after all. These babies would also make great birthday presents, don’t you think?
2. Create a DIY supply station: Designate a space for tons of DIY supplies — pens, embroidery thread, washi tape, the works. Even if you have a designated DIY for the night, you may find that you want to mix it up.
<b> Make some Insta-worthy apps: </b>fancy crostini! These delicious bites are a cinch to make, and they’re seriously beautiful.
<b> Bring DIY into the Main Course:</b>thai lettuce wrap bar. That way, everyone can customize their meal to their liking, and you won’t have to worry about people not feeling the food choices.
<b> Make an unexpected dessert</b>Like… rainbow donuts?! The theme is creativity, so why not get weird? Animal cracker panna cotta and mini ice cream sandwiches are some other quirky yummy options.
<b> Bump the jams:</b>ParDIY Time Spotify playlist and get ready to turn up the tunes. Dance breaks encouraged :)
2. Coloring Printables: Ever the coloring enthusiasts, we made a free printable download of one of our coloring book pages. Time to break out the colored pencils!
3. Botanical Copper Coasters: We’ll let you in on an industry secret: Copper tape makes EVERYTHING look good. Paired with beautiful dried flowers, how could you go wrong?
4. Shrinky Dink Flair Pins: Shrinky Dinks are BACK, people! DIY your denim’s flair with this easy peasy tutorial.
5. Crepe Paper Flower Crowns: This one is a bit more time-intensive, but it’s well worth it. Grab some crepe paper and get wrapping!
6. Copper Leather Tassel: EVERYONE has at least one bag that needs some embellishing, and adding a tassel is a genius way to do it. Look to this tutorial to DIY a classy leather, copper and wooden bead combo.
7. Abstract Wall Art Hack: Abstract painting is actually super easy, you guys. DIY pro Anusha shows you just HOW easy with this awesome DIY (which is also an Anthro hack!).
8. Bag Swag: Our version of making lemonade? Taking that old freebie tote bag and putting a Beyoncé quote on it. Done and done.
9. Mini Woven Necklace: We’re all for gigantic weavings, but they’re not exactly quick to make. DIY this mini woven necklace instead for your next crafternoon. This one is especially appealing for those cozy colder days, don’t you think?