There’s something completely satisfying about investing time and energy into your own DIY projects. This is especially true when it comes to beauty DIYs. When you create your own beauty products, you know exactly what ingredients end up in the final product. Plus, you get to choose your favorite scents for your lotions and potions. Here are 16 DIY soap projects that will ensure you’re always smelling your best.
1. Grapefruit Mint Poppyseed Bars: You know this soap is going to smell bright and fresh thanks to grapefruit and mint. This recipe is kept simple thanks to the goat’s milk soap base. (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. Homemade Goat’s Milk Soap: A great starter soap recipe featuring a soothing goat’s milk base and lavender. In order to make your own soap, all you need to do is melt down the soap base and add the fragrance of your choice. (via Finding Home)
5. Mocha Soap Recipe: A soap that looks good enough to eat! This soap contains a variety of rich oils including coconut, palm and grapeseed. The addition of cocoa butter and coffee creates a truly yummy scent. (via Soap Recipes 101)
7. Lavender Lemon Soap: Here we’ve got ultra-relaxing lavender and energizing lemon essential oils. The addition of poppy seeds gives that dermis a little exfoliation action. (via A Pumpkin + A Princess)
8. Coffee-Scented Soap: This soap is a coffee lover’s dream! The bar is rich with moisturizing macadamia nut and jojoba oils and, naturally, a lot of coffee. It will almost make you look forward to your alarm going off every morning. (via Offbeat + Inspired)
9. Coffee Mint Soap Bars: Strong coffee and spearmint? Anyone else suddenly craving an Irish Coffee? This soap bar is easy to make thanks to a pre-made soap base that you just need to heat up and pour. (via Horses + Heels)
11. DIY Macaron Soap: If for some reason you want to have soap in your bathroom that will make you hungry, try creating your own macaron mold to make these precious little soaps. We promise it’s easier than it looks. (via Poppytalk)
14. Homemade Vanilla Latte Soap: This is a delicious soap recipe (not that we tried to eat it… WE SWEAR) that’s a great option for first-time soap makers. The goat’s milk base transforms into a latte with vanilla essential oil, coffee and coffee grounds. (via A Pumpkin + A Princess)
15. Chocolate Hazelnut Soap: Is it soap or is it dessert? This recipe, full of luxurious coconut, hazelnut, olive and canola oils, definitely smells good enough to eat! (Seriously, is it lunchtime around here or what?) (via Offbeat + Inspired)
16. Confetti Soap: This is a fun afternoon craft that you can do with the kiddies. All you need to do is cut up some confetti out of tissue paper and add to melted glycerine soap. (via Crafts Unleashed)
Have you ever made your own soap? What recipe are you most excited to try? Let us know in the comments!