You’ve Got Mail: 17 DIYs for Super Stylish Stationery
Hidden among a pile of bills and catalogs, a hand-written card arriving in the mailbox is quite the treat. And in the days of email, text, ping and emoticon communication, having something like this to hold onto is a rare occurrence. That’s why we’re big fans of the good ol’ fashion snail mail. Want to know how to make that hand-written card even more special? Just DIY it! We’ve rounded up 17 simple DIYs for handmade cards, envelopes and stationery so you can send your salutations in style. With everything from washi and glitter to stamps and pop outs, these cards are sure to make anyone feel *extra* special.
5. Ombre Watercolor: Brighten up simple white paper with a wash of watercolor. Then write a fun message over top in “liquid frisket,” a latex masking fluid that dries clear and is easy to peel away. (via Damask Love)
6. Beautiful Blooms: Make a statement envelope by folding intricate floral paper using a template that’s easy to find at your local craft store. We’re thinking we might just do this with all of our favorite patterned papers. (via A Fabulous Fete)
7. Wave Your Flag: Here’s another awesome way to use washi tape: Cut small strips of tape into flag shapes to use as bunting. Then string ’em across a blank cut of paper for a festive notecard. (via Decorator’s Notebook)
14. Bright Lines: Keep your stationery looking both minimal and memorable by lining the edges of cards and envelopes in bright poster paint markers. It adds just the right amount of pop. (via Martha Stewart)
15. Cool Calligraphy: Put your lettering skills to the test by addressing an envelope in contrasting colors and scripts; this blog has some solid tips for hand-lettering newbies. (via Oh So Beautiful Paper)
Which stationery DIY are you dying to try? Tell us in the comments below!