You’ve Got Mail: 17 DIYs for Super Stylish Stationery
Hidden among a pile of bills and catalogs, a hand-written card arriving in the mailbox is quite the treat. And in the days of email, text, ping and emoticon communication, having something like this to hold onto is a rare occurrence. That’s why we’re big fans of the good ol’ fashion snail mail. Want to know how to make that hand-written card even more special? Just DIY it! We’ve rounded up 17 simple DIYs for handmade cards, envelopes and stationery so you can send your salutations in style. With everything from washi and glitter to stamps and pop outs, these cards are sure to make anyone feel *extra* special.
5. Ombre Watercolor: Brighten up simple white paper with a wash of watercolor. Then write a fun message over top in “liquid frisket,” a latex masking fluid that dries clear and is easy to peel away. (via Damask Love)
6. Beautiful Blooms: Make a statement envelope by folding intricate floral paper using a template that’s easy to find at your local craft store. We’re thinking we might just do this with all of our favorite patterned papers. (via A Fabulous Fete)
7. Wave Your Flag: Here’s another awesome way to use washi tape: Cut small strips of tape into flag shapes to use as bunting. Then string ’em across a blank cut of paper for a festive notecard. (via Decorator’s Notebook)
14. Bright Lines: Keep your stationery looking both minimal and memorable by lining the edges of cards and envelopes in bright poster paint markers. It adds just the right amount of pop. (via Martha Stewart)
15. Cool Calligraphy: Put your lettering skills to the test by addressing an envelope in contrasting colors and scripts; this blog has some solid tips for hand-lettering newbies. (via Oh So Beautiful Paper)
Which stationery DIY are you dying to try? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)