15 Easy Projects to Refresh Your Kitchen in Under 30 Minutes
Regardless of your skill level in the kitchen, at the end of the day we’re all home chefs who create, gather and laugh around food. With so much time spent in the kitchen day in and day out, it needs to be a place you actually enjoy hanging around. And even if you can’t have your dream kitchen, there are plenty of simple projects and ideas that can give your space a little personality and a lot of color. Since all of these projects can be accomplished super quick, you’ll still have plenty of time to head to the grocery store and cook for the ones you love.
2. Kraft Paper Grocery List: When you lead a super busy life, it’s impossible to remember everything without writing it down. This project can be made with three supplies, and the rustic charm combines decor with utility. (via At Home in Love)
4. Cupcake Liner Storage: What’s the point in buying adorable cupcake liners if you can’t see the designs from your cabinet? Mason Jars can be used a thousand ways in the kitchen, and they happen to hold cupcake liners perfectly. (via Table for Two)
5. Clothing Pin Hangers: Today there are so many adorable tea towel designs that go beyond basic colors. They can become part of your kitchen design with a few spray painted clothing pins on the wall. (via My Attic)
9. Clipboard File System: The exterior of the fridge always becomes a catchall for calendar reminders, wedding invites and everything else. With a few clipboards you can store everything in style. Just glue magnets to the back and you’re good to go. (via Design Sponge)
10. Hanging Fruit Basket: Counter space is essential in the kitchen, but so is a daily serving of fruit. Get the best of both worlds with your own hanging fruit basket that keeps your apple a day within reach. (via Remodelista)
11. DIY Cutting Board: If you have friends or family with food allergies, the risk of contamination is a real concern. Keep cutting boards designated for specific purposes with a bit of color coding around the edges. (via Sugar and Charm)
12. Bike Basket Storage: There’s something so quaint about a bike basket that reminds us all of simpler times. Recreate that nostalgic feeling in your kitchen with a hanging bike basket that stores all of your kitchen essentials. (via Life in a Little Red Farm House)
What are your favorite Kitchen DIY projects? Do you focus on organization or decor?