Whether you are still in college or living the post-grad dream, it’s likely you’re sharing a place with a few of your close friends. And although you might not have time to cook for yourselves, cooking dinner together once in a while can be a lot of fun! Especially when all of you are getting sick of ordering pizza or trying to share the kitchen to cook multiple meals. Here are 14 recipes that are perfect for your next roomie family dinner. Just add wine and you will have a fun-filled night to remember.
1. Spaghetti Squash Pasta: We totally love pasta, but sometimes we don’t love all the carbs. If you and your roomies are looking for a healthier version of this favorite Italian dish, then you should definitely use spaghetti squash as a substitute for pasta. Plus, no one will even taste the difference! (via Brit + Co)
2. Biscuit Tacos: A must-have family dinner is taco night. If you’re looking for a leaner version of this favorite meal, then this biscuit taco recipe filled with kale, sweet potatoes and black beans will definitely turn up the fiesta at your casa. (via Brit + Co)
3. Flatbread Margherita Pizzas: Another quick and delicious meal your roommates will love is their very own personal flatbread pizza. Besides, there’s nothing better than fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. (via Let the Baking Begin!)
4. Pulled Pork Sandwiches: Looking for an easy-yet-delicious meal to serve up to your roommates? Simply throw a pork roast into a crock pot for 8-10 hours. Once it’s done, pull it apart into bite-sized pieces, drizzle your favorite BBQ sauce over the top and enjoy with or without the bun. (via Skinny Mom)
6. Classic Chicken Enchiladas: There’s nothing better than cheesy chicken enchiladas. With its irresistible homemade enchilada sauce and gooey texture, this dish will be gobbled up real quick. (via Cooking for Keeps)
7. Lamb Burgers: There’s no better way to bond with your roomies than with a classic cookout. Grab a few brews, buns and your margarita recipe, and get ready to grill up these delish lamb burgers (are your mouths watering yet?). (via Brit + Co)
8. Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry with Asparagus: Here’s a healthier alternative to your traditional Chinese takeout tradition. Plus, it’s very likely you’ll already have all the ingredients in your kitchen. (via Cooking Classy)
9. Vegetarian Lasagna: Here’s a family favorite that will definitely bring your roommates together for dinner. Be sure to serve up this delicious veggie-filled lasagna with your favorite wine. (via Family Fresh Cooking)
10. Grilled Cuban Sandwiches: Nom nom nom. There’s nothing more savory and tangy than a traditional Cuban sandwich. Pile up the pork, pickles and cheese, lather with mustard and you’ll have some mouthwatering sandwiches your roommates will devour. (via Epicurious)
11. Garlic Rosemary Pork Tenderloin: Sometimes, you just need to make a meal that tastes like home. Serve this tenderloin with some roasted potatoes and everyone will be thinking your mom made this dish. (via The Gunny Sack)
12. Grilled Veggie Gyros: Who says gyros can’t be healthy? This meat-alternative dish filled with savory veggies like mushrooms and olives will definitely be a hit at the dinner table. (via Oh My Veggies)
13. Favorite Super Lean Turkey Sloppy Joes: Here’s a classic crowd pleaser to whip up on a busy weeknight. Since this comfort food is made with turkey instead of beef, no one will feel guilty gobbling these little guys up. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
What are your favorite dishes to cook with your roommates? Share your favorite recipes in the comments below!