14 Galaxy-Inspired Tattoos That Are Out of This World
We are sort of crushing hard on all things tattoo-related lately. From tiny designs to friendship tats and some gorg geometric ink, we are getting totally ink-spired! The latest inkspiration? Galaxy tats. That’s right, all things outer space-ish, planetary and stellar are catching our eyes these days. The tattoos below are out-of-this-world incredible with their planetary designs, watercolor and rad nebula hues. And if you are looking for some minimalist, moon-inspired tats, we’ve got you covered there too. Scroll on down for this all-star lineup.
2. Deep Purple Galaxy ($3): For all you commitment-phobes, this temporary tattoo is the perfect mix of geometric and galactic.
4. Galaxy in a Box: We wouldn’t expect anything less than an upbeat statement from Miley Cyrus’s favorite tattoo artist, the very talented Lauren Winzer. While we love the blue-purpleish colors, we think any color scheme would look fab. (via @laurenwinzer)
9. Planets and Stars: Tattoo artist Marcin Aleksander Surowiec has some of the coolest geometric-inspired tattoos out there. This triangular beauty is one we wouldn’t mind looking at every day. (via Marcin Aleksander Surowiec)
10. Tiny Constellation: For a more minimalist constellation tattoo, opt for small dots and tiny stars. This would also look great on the nape of the neck or your forearm. (via Miso Stanislava Pinchuk)
14. Geometric Galaxy: Here’s another one by Marcin Aleksander Surowiec. Isn’t everything about this tat awesome? From its bright colors to those geometric shapes, this ink is a modern space-lover’s dream. (via Marcin Aleksander Surowiec)
Are you seeing stars or what? Any of these galaxy tattoos getting you inkspired? Let’s talk all thing galactic in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!