17 Great Gifts for New Grads Under $30
From graduation party essentials to the perfect camera-ready outfit, graduation season can be hella expensive. That’s why when it comes to finding a graduation present that’s both meaningful and practical, you’re probably looking for something that doesn’t cost as much as a semester’s tuition. To help you save some moola on your grad-day expenses, here are 17 sweet graduation gifts under $30 that any new graduate would be happy to receive on their big day.
1. The Sassy Girl Future Is Female Pin ($11): While the slogan originated in the ’70s, this feminist tag is definitely having a moment right now. Give your graduate the flair they need to be an unapologetic #girlboss with this amazing enamel pin by creator Sanne Hemmes.
2. Brit + Co Make a Macrame Planter Kit ($20): Plant ladies are the new cat ladies, y’all. Jazz up any apartment with a cute macrame planter! Our easy-to-make DIY kit comes with everything you’ll need to finish the project, plus a coupon for a free online class of your choosing (because the learning doesn’t stop after graduation, duh).
3. Ban.do 17-Month Medium Agenda ($28): This adorable millennial pink and holographic calendar is perfect for marking down important job interviews, travel plans, and catch-up coffee dates. Also, it’s ridiculously cute.
4. LMNT Portable Phone Charger ($10): Whether your gradate is starting a new job, exploring the world, or anything in between, make sure their phone (AKA lifeline) doesn’t run out of battery. This pastel phone charger is a great and easy gift to make sure that your leading lady can *always* call you.
5. Francesca’s White Hang It Photo Display ($24): After all the hard work your graduate has put in to get that certificate, they’ve probably got a ton of sweet memories that they’d like to display around the pad. This minimalist photo hanging frame is a great option, as it allows them to hang up to 40 of their fave pics while looking super stylin’ in almost any room.
6. BPM Wireless Ear Buds ($28): A good pair of earphones is *always* a great gift. With matte pink metal accents, a built-in microphone, volume controls, and an end-call button, this practical gift is definitely a solid and stylish find.
7. Rifle Paper Co. Lemons to Lemonade Illustrated Art Print ($24): Post-graduation can surely have its ups and downs. What better way to keep your newly graduated lady positive than by gifting her this stunning Rifle Paper Co. print from Anna Bond?
8. Crystal Kim Designs Goal Digger Necklace ($20): Jewelry is always a great option for graduations, but the key is to find something that’s simultaneously meaningful and cute and doesn’t break the bank. This “goal digger” necklace from maker Crystal Dandrea accomplishes all three while reminding your newly graduated BFF that that they can accomplish anything.
9. 101 Things to Do Instead of Playing on Your Phone by Ilka Heinemann ($10): Okay, we admit millennials are known for being addicted to their phones… which makes this hilarious book the perfect trendy gag gift. Plus, once they’re done rolling their eyes, the book actually has some pretty fun games — including palm reading and inconspicuous butt workouts.
10. Whitewick Home Italian Marble Hexagon Coasters ($26 for four): The marble trend is NOT going away anytime soon. These flawless hexagon coasters made from Italian Calacatta marble go with almost any decor and make your graduate feel *all* those adulting vibes.
11. Mossimo Supply Co. Women’s Mini Flap Backpack ($27): Briefcases are great, but mini-backpacks are certainly on trend for millennial workers. This under-$30 classic in caramel will make any outfit feel more sophisticated.
12. Brit + Co Learn to Embroider Kit ($20): This kit provides all the materials and instructions your graduate needs to create their very own embroidered phrase. Whether it’s their school, grad year, or #girlsquad name, they won’t need any prior experience to learn the basics of embroidery and create a lasting keepsake.
13. The Happiness Planner Inspirational Pencils ($12): Give the gift of a daily dose of motivation with these cute inspirational pencils from The Happiness Planner. From expanding your comfort zone to embracing your wanderlust — everything’s more inspirational when it’s written on a pencil, right?
14. SocietyB Get It Girl Mug ($18): This adorable mug is perfect for any future #girlboss who’s looking to take on the world and slay the adulting game. Not only is the mug cute and classic, but 20 percent of the profits are donated to charity. Woot!
15. S’ip by S’well 15oz Stainless Steel Insulated Water Bottle ($25): Staying hydrated is important at any age, and this s’weet S’well water bottle will keep your graduate on trend and healthy too.
16. The Sriracha Cookbook by Randy Clemens ($17): If your leading lady has a bit of a thing for heat, you definitely can’t go wrong by picking up this surprisingly useful cookbook. It includes 50 palate-expanding recipes, with everything from savory dinners like the Ultimate Sriracha Burger to delicious treats like Peach-Sriracha Sorbet.
17. Brit + Co Metal Stamp a Necklace Kit ($25): Whether you give the entire kit to your graduate or DIY a message for them yourself, our Metal Stamp a Necklace Kit comes with everything needed to create a custom-stamped jewelry piece that your graduate will treasure for years.
What are you giving for graduation presents this year? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via The Sassy Girl)