15 Halloween Makeup Tutorials Inspired by Your Fave Dudes
Candy, scary movies and pumpkins might be a big part of why we love Halloween, but the real treat lies in the costume. Everything from picking out the initial idea to the nitty-gritty details gives us cause to celebrate, and we’d be lying if we said we weren’t already scouring the web for the perfect makeup tutorial. We’ve shared a few of our fave tutorials inspired by our fave ladies, but now it’s the fellas’ time to shine. Scroll on for 15 favorite Halloween makeup looks that are sure to wow this year.
2. Skull: We’re not sure whether to be incredibly impressed by the details or just plain terrified of how creepy this one looks. Needless to say, it’s a spooky face that’s sure to turn heads this year. (via Alex Faction)
6. Edward Scissorhands: Tim Burton’s creepy-yet-sweet character is a great choice for both the gentlemen and the ladies. Jen Pike gives some great tips on how to get the scarred face of our fave scissor-handed antihero. (via Jen Pike)
7. Wolverine: Hugh Jackman might be rocking a slightly different appearance in the movie, but if you want to channel the character’s comic book origins, then this awesome tutorial is the way to go. (via Olga’s Face and Body Art)
8. Tony Stark/Iron Man: In case the literal take on our fave Avenger wasn’t quite your cup of tea, this take uses face paint to create both Tony Stark and his alter-ego, Iron Man. It’s a fun and spooky idea that would be awesome to try this October 31. (via LOL Workshop)
9. Grim Reaper: Our own dark circles aren’t looking quite so bad in comparison to the dead eyes of this guy. The Grim Reaper comes to life in this fantastic tutorial that has us even more excited for All Hallows’ Eve. (via KaPi Make-Up)
12. The Joker: Kylie Jenner gave us tips on making our lips a bit fuller, but here’s a creepier way to put your lipstick to use. Elongate your smile with this version made famous by the devilish Joker. (via Ben Makeup Artist)
13. Zombie: We’ve seen a lot of zombies in our day, but this Warm Bodies-inspired getup might just be our favorite. It’s part scary and part — dare we say — stylish? You’ve never seen a zombie like this before. (via Michelle Phan)
14. Scar: This one might have left us a little speechless. Marc Zapanata turns into our favorite feline villain right before our eyes, and it’s giving us some major makeup inspiration. (via Marc Zapanata)
Which is your favorite Halloween look for the guys? Let us know in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!