13 Thanksgiving Cocktail Recipes Full of Boozy Fall Flavors
In the rush of the holidays and planning the perfect Thanksgiving feast — finding the right bottle of wine, roasting a delicious turkey and, of course, getting creative with leftovers — it can be hard to kick back and relax. Well, we think you should find a moment for yourself (or with a few girlfriends) and celebrate the wonderFALL flavors we love so much. Instead of going for the pumpkin spice latte, we’re thinking more along the lines of a boozy fall cocktail. Picture bourbon, cinnamon, caramel, apple… you know, all the classics. We don’t recommend sampling these 13 cocktails all in one night, but let’s just say it’ll be difficult to only choose one.
2. Salted Caramel Apple Martini: Cocktail hour will never be the same when you serve this to your family and friends. All you *really* need is a little caramel vodka and apple cider and you’re done. (via Home & Plate)
3. Apple Cider Mojito Recipe: You might be tempted to skip out on the key ingredient of this recipe, cinnamon simple syrup, but it’s worth the extra trip to the grocery store if you don’t have it. Also, fret not! This mojito is still loaded with fresh mint. (via JoLynn Shane)
4. Apple Cider Moscow Mule: Everyone knows that what makes a Moscow mule a true mule is the ginger beer. Well, with this drink, what makes it is the hard apple cider instead of the regular kind. (via Joyful Healthy Eats)
5. Apple Pie Sangria: Sangria is always on our top 10 list, but when you add in the apple pie flavor and the to die for copper mugs, we’re all in. This is the *perfect* cocktail to put out in a pitcher on Thanksgiving day. (via Inspired by Charm)
6. Apple Cider Whiskey Smash: This is an AH-mazing seasonal twist on a traditional whiskey drink. With just three quick ingredients, you can make this cocktail during the crazy whirlwind that is Thanksgiving day. (via Baked by Rachel)
7. Cinnamon Maple Whiskey Sour: Even if whiskey isn’t your thing, it might be after sampling this cup of Thanksgiving-themed goodness. If your feast is missing a classic cocktail, you’ve *just* found it. (via Cookie + Kate)
8. Cranberry Margaritas: Cranberries might be reminiscent of Christmas, but cranberry sauce is basically a Thanksgiving delicacy… which is why we had to give this margarita our stamp of approval. The squeeze of lime and salted rim puts this cocktail over the edge. (via Gimme Some Oven)
9. Bourbon + Spiced Pear Cocktail: Who knew pear was the new hot holiday flavor? Well, we’re glad we found out because, with herbs like sage and thyme topped off with allspice and cinnamon, we’re totally in love. (via Holly & Flora)
11. Cranberry + Cinnamon Whiskey Sour: If you’re really craving some sweetness, this is the drink to go for. With two cups of cranberries AND two cups of sugar in a recipe made for four cocktails, it’s safe to say you’ll be perked up after just a few sips. (via Baker by Nature)
12. Slow Cooker Spiced Wine: OOOOOOOH, this warm drink gives us all the feels. Red wine and brandy warmed in a crockpot with spices and orange, AKA total heaven. Not to mention that you can leave this in the crockpot throughout the day with a ladle so guests can help themselves. (via Well Plated)
13. Spiced Cider Margaritas: For many, the lime margarita is a staple for Taco Tuesday, but maybe it’s time to mix it up? We think YES. Cozy up by the fire with a glass of this spiced cider spiked with tequila. (via Domesticate Me)
Want more mouthwatering holiday recipes and cocktails? Follow us on Pinterest!
- 26 Signature Cocktails to Serve at Your Wedding - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Easy Thanksgiving Appetizer Recipes to Get the Party Started ... ›