18 Homemade Cereal Bar Recipes to Make Back-to-School a Breeze
Just like that, summer is almost over, and kiddos are starting to head back to school, virtually or otherwise. You already have a ton of bento box ideas for their lunch, but what about breakfast? No-bake granola bars are great, but nothing gets kids excited *quite* like their favorite cereal. If cereal bars are your go-to for running out the door or just a quick snack during the day, then you will love these easy homemade versions. Grab a cup of coffee and read through these 18 DIY cereal bars that will make you eligible for mom of the year.
1. No-Bake Samoa Peanut Butter Cereal Bars: You may only be able to buy your favorite Girl Scout Cookies once a year, but you can make these cereal bars whenever you want. They utilize both Rice Krispies AND Golden Grahams, so you can use up all that cereal in your pantry. (via Life Make Sweeter)
2. No-Bake Sweet and Salty Cereal Bars: Sometimes you crave salty; sometimes you crave sweet. For the times you can’t make up your mind, these cereal bars will solve your dilemma. Add in your favorite candy for a little midday treat. (via Deliciously Yum)
3. Chocolate Chip Fluffernutter Bars: Kids LOVE Honey Nut Cheerios, but that doesn’t mean the adults won’t like these as well. They only have a handful of ingredients, so the whole family can get involved in the cooking process. (via Like Mother Like Daughter)
4. Cinnamon Sugar White Chocolate Crunch Bars: Whether you like your Cinnamon Toast Crunch soaked in milk or dry as a bone, you’ll be SO into these bars. In addition to the cereal, there are cinnamon chips and white chocolate chips for even more sweetness. (via Life, Love and Sugar)
5. Cookie Cereal Marshmallow Treats: Talk about a blast from the past! Now that we’re adults, we have the joy of sharing our favorite childhood cereals with our kids. Spend a lazy Saturday morning making these with your mini-me and create memories for a lifetime. (via Big Bear’s Wife)
6. No-Bake Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cheerio Bars With Flax: These may look like any other cereal bar, but they have a secret healthy ingredient that your kids otherwise probably wouldn’t touch — flaxseed meal. Between that and almond butter, they’ll stay full and happy for hours. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
7. Sprinkle Donut Marshmallow Bars: Why should you choose between a sprinkle donut and a cereal? These cereal bars combine the best of both worlds into a sweet and cheery snack anyone would love to find in their lunch box. (via Cookies and Cups)
8. Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cereal Protein Bars: Thankfully, there are so many more options these days for gluten-free treats that kids can enjoy without risk. If your little one has an intolerance, you’ll want to have recipes like this one around at all times. (via Plating Pixels)
9. Healthy Three Ingredient Cereal Bars: All you need to make these simple bars are cereal, peanut butter and a sweetener of your choice. Even the most culinarily challenged can whip these up in a snap. (via The Big Man’s World)
10. Honeycomb Marshmallow Treats: These bars have an unexpected crunch from salted peanuts and use marshmallows to hold everything together. Of course, you can’t have Honeycomb treats without a touch of real honey mixed in. (via Lemon Tree Dwelling)
11. Lucky Charms Treats: Nostalgia’s about to hit you really hard, and it’s perfectly acceptable to make something because it brings both you AND your child joy. Plus, they’ll be more than happy to share this special tidbit with you. (via A Pumpkin and a Princess)
12. Customizable Milk and Cereal Bars: You know those cereal bars you can buy that have the solidified milk on them? Choose a more natural approach and frost your homemade cereal bars with a smear of your favorite yogurt. You’ll still get the same milk and cereal effect, but without all of the unnecessary chemicals. (via Chocolate Covered Katie)
13. No-Bake Breakfast Cereal Bars: Compromise is key with kids. With these no-bake bars, they get two of their favorite cereals and you get the satisfaction of knowing that you’ve added protein and nutrients from peanut butter and dried fruit. (via Dinner at the Zoo)
14. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cereal Bars: Even if you think you have no time for homemade cereal bars, you can find 10 minutes for these no-bake goodies. You may want to save them for dessert, though, unless you want your kids bouncing off the walls first thing in the morning. (via A Treats Affair)
16. Reese’s Puffs Cereal Bars: Your bake sales will never be the same once you start making these. They’re affordable and easy to make, which means a wider profit margin for you and the soccer team. (via A Pumpkin and a Princess)
17. Strawberry Shortcake No-Bake Treat Bars: Freeze-dried strawberries are the secret to the insane flavor in these bars. Immediately cut them into squares once they’re set and pre-package them for on-the-go snacks all week. (via Iowa Girl Eats)
18. No-Bake Peanut Butter Chex Bars: Dessert could be on its way in 10 minutes or less if you start right now. These are so easy a kid could do it, so put your little minions to work! (via Six Sisters' Stuff)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy back-to-school recipe ideas.
- 14 Gluten-Free Vegan Breakfast Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Paleo Breakfast Recipes That Aren't Eggs - Brit + Co ›
- 17 Breakfast Recipes You'll Actually Want to Get Out of Bed For | Brit ... ›
- 21 Creative Ways to Transform Breakfast Cereal - Brit + Co ›
- 17 Healthy *Bar* Recipes You NEED in Your Bag of Tricks - Brit + Co ›
- 25 Healthy Breakfast Bar + Muffin Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 13 Finger Food Recipes for Your Toddler to Move Past Purees - Brit + Co ›
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)