Low-carb grilling doesn’t stop after tossing a piece of plain ol’ protein on the grill. This collection of 18 recipes goes above and beyond, delivering a whole lotta flavor to your next shindig. Featuring everything from salad to seafood and everything in between, there’s a little something here for every taste.
1. Chicken Tacos With Slaw and Lemony Buttermilk Dressing: Keep things low-carb by serving these spiced tacos sans tortillas. Instead, try them out in a lettuce, cabbage or collard green wrap. (via Bibby’s Kitchen @ 36)
3. Green Butter Grilled Oysters: Given that these are going on the grill, you can save a few pennies by using slightly less fancy oysters for this recipe. No one will be the wiser thanks to the tasty garlic and herb butter they’re cooked in. (via Lady and Pups)
4. Grilled Halloumi With Watermelon and Basil Mint Oil: Skip the expected caprese this summer and make this fun twist featuring some new flavors instead. (via Bon Appétit)
7. Five-Ingredient Lemon Pepper Chicken: This chicken manages to be flavorful and versatile enough to be used in a wide variety of dishes. Enjoy it hot or cold over greens, or with a selection of your fave veggies on the side. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
10. Grilled Miso-Soy Tofu With Edamame and Cucumber Mixed Green Salad: The tasty miso-soy sauce pulls double duty as both a flavor enhancer for the grilled tofu and tasty vinaigrette for the finished salad. Not feeling tofu? Swap it out with chicken breasts or thighs if that’s more your style. (via Cook Smarts)
11. Grilled Asparagus: Enjoy these perfectly crisp-tender spears as a side dish or transform them into a splendid spring brunch by topping a pile off with a poached egg and prosciutto. (via Joy in Every Season)
13. Bunless Burger: There’s something so indulgent about using two thick burger patties in lieu of buns. Stuffing them with avocado, lettuce and whatever other fillings strike your fancy just adds to the appeal. (via Rice and Bread)
16. Lamb Skewers With Chimichurri Sauce: Lamb and mint jelly may be a classic combo, but chimichurri is an excellent green sauce stand-in that’s sure to please more modern palates. (via Floating Kitchen)
17. Grilled Shrimp With Pomegranate Salsa: Tangy, sweet, spicy and loaded with tons of texture, the combo of salsa with every bite of grilled shrimp is certain to put a smile on your face. (via The View from Great Island)
18. Tofu Satay: An overnight marinade is key to making each tofu cube taste delicious all the way through. Enjoy coating every piece with a generous dip of the dangerously easy homemade peanut sauce. (via A Cook’s Memoir)
Let’s talk about other low-carb recipes to toss on the grill, along with some scrumptious sides in the comments below.