With Valentine’s Day decorations *already* popping up all over the place, it’s easy to get caught up in a flurry of pink and red. Take a quick break from choosing the perfect gift for your boo and focus on some DIY projects that’ll glam up your workspace, add some pizzazz to your wardrobe and keep those hygge vibes going strong. These projects will have you seeing hearts, whether you go for some sweet-smelling potpourri, colorful vases or some seriously cool V-day accessories. Scroll on down for 10 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. DIY Stovetop Potpourri: House feeling a little stuffy? Cold weather means those windows are staying closed, and you need this sweet-smelling potpourri on your stove STAT. Just pour all the ingredients into a pot and let it simmer away. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Cupid’s Heart Balloon Sticks: Turn mini heart balloons into the cutest li’l Cupid’s hearts with a wooden dowel, some glitter and a paint pen. They’re super easy to make and would be ideal for photo booth props and party favors or to throw in these DIY Valentine piñata boxes. (via Oh Happy Day)
3. DIY Heart-Shaped Sunglasses Case: Speaking of Valentine’s Day treats, this DIY sunglass case will have you seeing hearts… literally. Snag some heart-shaped sunglasses and take some time this weekend to DIY a case for all your gal pals. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Lucite Photo Block Frame: Lucite and acrylic frames are trending hard, and they’re perfect for nailing that simple, less-is-more lagom aesthetic. These photo blocks look luxe, but they’re not expensive at all and they’re super easy to put together. (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. DIY Free Zodiac Wall Art: Where are our Capricorns at?? Amp up your wall art with this Capricorn star sign illustration printable that’s just the thing to rep your true zodiac colors. Whether you add it to your gallery wall or tape it up at your workspace, this little beauty will add extra inspiration to your ambitious soul. Reach for the stars, y’all! (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Gold Leaf Tissue Box Holder: Like it or not, ’tis the season for coughs and sniffles, which means it’s always a good idea to have a tissue box on hand. Glam up those ugly old boxes with gold foil and a coat of paint to turn your much-needed tissues into a thing of beauty. (via Lovely Indeed)
7. DIY No-Sew Sequin Sweater: The only thing better than a sweater coated in sparkly sequins is a sweater that you made yourself for a fraction of the cost of buying one. This DIY is so easy, you might be tempted to start bedazzling everything in your closet. Seriously, just do it. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Avocado Buttons: Speaking of easy wardrobe updates, what about a DIY that pushes all the right buttons? Turn your plain ol’ button-up into a work of art with nothing more than a little dash of green paint. SO cute, right?? (via Studio DIY)
9. DIY Conversation Heart Planner Stickers: If “get organized” is topping your to-do list this weekend, you’ll definitely want to make yourself a batch of these cute heart stickers. Just download the hearts onto label paper and start sticking! (via Make and Tell)
10. DIY Flower Vase Upgrade: Add an extra pop of color to your next flower bouquet with a custom painted vase. Nope, it’s not spray paint — you’re gonna want to raid your beauty cabinet for this project! Nail polish offers that shimmery, almost glazed effect that makes these vases v special. (via Brit + Co)
Which project are you digging this weekend? Show us what you’re makin’ by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!