17 Must-Try Minimalist Manis
When it comes to your mani of the week, the options are endless. You can get downright elaborate with some of the season’s most pinworthy nail art designs or you can take a more back-to-basics approach. From the runway to your favorite Instagrammers, low-key manis are — dare we say it — having a major moment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out these 17 minimalist manis that will make you think twice before opting for crazy nail art.
1. Updated Moon Mani: Add a bold surge of color to your minimalist mani by trying this show-stopping moon design. The white base will enhance the intensity of your top color times 10! (via Harper’s Bazaar)
3. Simple Stripes: We weren’t kidding when we said these manis were simple. Follow in nail artist Jin Soon Choi’s lead by using a thin paint brush to apply one vertical or horizontal line to each nail. (via Glamour)
10. Graphic Nails: Easy as pie, this manicure can be achieved solely with a nail art pen. After applying a clear or nude base, simply create one line across the moons of your nails and then connect it with a vertical line. (via April and May Studio)
13. Outlined Nails: Don’t let this nail design fool you. It’s super easy to achieve if you do it right. Apply the purple base first and then layer the second color on top to create the outlined effect. (via Essie)
16. Color Tips: Another modern take on the French manicure, this lovely design is sophisticated and smart. Apply a clear base coat to your nude nails, then paint your tips an oxblood or maroon color to get the same look. (via Neato! Bonito)
Which minimalist manicure will you be trying? Leave a comment below!