From Patterns to Cutouts: 24 Ways to Give Your Pants a DIY Upgrade
Potential scenario: You bought a pair of pants you thought you were going to L-O-V-E, but after just a few wears, you realized you’re not so keen on them. You know what they need? Probably studs, maybe some puff paint and perhaps even a little trim from a pair of scissors. Ready to resurrect what once was loved and now is regulated to the depths of your closet? Well, good. Because what we’ve got in store for you are the best ways to give your pants the most epic DIY upgrades.
2. Leopard Print Short Shorts: We’ve been talking about festival wear for a while, and since you’ve probably already got your headbands and other boho babe accessories, now it’s time to get on DIYing this pair of totally wild shorts. Rock on, you party animal you. (via Because I’m Addicted)
3. Embroidered Jean Shorts: Don’t deny it. You had a pair of Calvin Klein mom jeans circa 1995. Well, right about now is when you’re going to want to pull them out, give them a simple embroidery job and wear them with honor once again. (via Mallory Makes Things)
4. Zipper Ankles: Skinny jeans are still all the rage, but with the return of highwaisted pants, we have no doubt that bootcut will be back in style before long… and then five years down the road, hello skinny again. Learn this DIY. It will serve you well through the roller coaster ride of style. (via Brit + Co.)
10. Leopard Print: Yes, one more leopard tutorial. But rather than using a stencil like in the previous animal-focused option, this tutorial teaches you how to draw leopard spots freehand. So basically, you’ll be a bona fide artiste when you finished up here. (via Mr. Kate)
12. Happy Pants: You have a favorite pair of jeans and, we hate to be morbid, but one of these days, those jeans are going to have something tragic happen to them. In the knee, in the butt, in the thigh, somewhere, they’re going to have a blowout. Rather than taking them to the thrift store to let someone else make them all shiny and new again, show them that you heart them with a little patch. See? Things are better already. (via 11 Eureka)
How will you be upgrading your underwear covers? Let us know in the comments below!