You just spent all morning and afternoon preparing a meal for your family and friends, and they’re set to arrive any minute now. Frantically running around the kitchen with food splattered on your apron and your hair still in a messy bun, you realize you never made an appetizer for guests to munch on. Don’t panic! With these 11 recipes, you’ll be able to whip up a delectable appetizer in just five minutes. That’ll still leave plenty of time to plate ’em and nosh on a few for yourself.
1. Melon Skewers: All you’ll need is a melon baller to make this summery twist on a classic caprese salad. Drizzle the skewers with herb-infused oil to tie the flavors together and you’ll be getting compliments on them all night. (via Floating Kitchen)
2. Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip: Nothing says appetizer more than a great dip. Be sure to offer various dippers like crackers and a few vegetables so there will be something for everyone. (via Carl’s Bad Cravings)
6. Balsamic Caprese Skewers: There’s a reason why the flavors of ripe, juicy tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and tangy balsamic are always combined. You can never go wrong with a classic like this. (via Iowa Girl Eats)
7. Salami Cream Cheese Bites: This easy-to-make, grab-and-go appetizer is as easy as spreading cream cheese on high-quality salami. Secure each roll with a toothpick and a pimento-stuffed olive for good measure. (via The Kitchen Is My Playground)
8. Cucumber Cracker Bites: Spread a layer of your favorite hummus on crackers and top each one with a slice of fresh cucumber, extra sharp cheddar cheese and a sprinkle of basil for an appetizer that will satisfy every taste bud at the party. (via Avocado Pesto)
10. Spicy Watermelon Bites: You’ll wonder why you didn’t think of this unexpected combination of watermelon and chili-lime seasoning sooner. Bonus points if you add cotija cheese to the melon sticks. (via Bourbon and Honey)
11. Three-Ingredient Crab Dip: Now this is a great make-ahead recipe, because it’s best served chilled. Be sure to get this easy appetizer out of the way first and move on with your day. (via Made From Pinterest)
Which appetizer will you whip up for your next party? Talk to us in the comments. We’d love to hear from you!