13 Awesomely Epic Celeb Pregnancy Announcements to Recreate
It’s really happening. You’re gonna be a momma. You just might have a positive test in your hand or an FYI from the doc. This is an awesome moment in your life and we can’t think of a better way to celebrate than by shouting your good news from the rooftops. Or, if you’re not quite into that, maybe you’d like to make the big pregnancy announcement. There are plenty of super fun ways to announce that baby is on the way. To get your creative wheels a’turnin’, check out these 13 awesomely epic celebrity pregnancy announcements.
1. Time It Perfectly: Remember when Beyoncé broke the internet at the 2011 VMAs by ripping open her sparkly blazer at the end of her performance of “Love on Top” to show off her Blue Ivy bump? Of course you do… nobody will ever forget. We know this one is a little bit harder to pull off, but we’re confident you can uncover a golden opportunity like this one to reveal your belly when everyone least expects it. (Photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
2. Embrace a Classic: When the queen of all things perfect is expecting, you can guarantee that only the chicest of pregnancy announcements will result. Blake Lively did not disappoint when she shared this wonderful photo at the end of a baby shower shoot on her blog called, “Falling for Family.” You could score a similar look with a pretty patterned outfit and the perfect Insta filter/lighting ;) (Photo via Eric Lively/Preserve)
3. Beat the Media: Macklemore and his fiancée Tricia Davis kept it super simple with their baby announcement for their May delivery. While there was speculation the rapper was a dad-to-be, he went and beat the media to end all the talking by releasing a sweet and subtle video of the couple seeing their baby for the first time on the sonogram screen. This whole time we thought we loved the “Thrift Shop” music video and all Macklemore had to do was release a baby-centric video like this to keep us tuned in.
4. Get the Pooches in on It: They say a picture is worth a thousand words… after seeing this Twitter announcement from Carrie Underwood, we’re convinced it’s true. Dressing up her two favorite furry friends in cute sweaters, her approach was a twist on a classic. (Bonus points, it was also “Labor Day Weekend” hehe.)
5. Embrace the Trends: To announce her bun in the oven, actress Zoe Saldana and her husband Marco Perego posted an ALC Ice Bucket Challenge video showing off her baby belly. Don’t worry. She didn’t douse herself in ice cold water. Her poor hubby was drenched in frigid water in her (and the baby’s) place.
6. Have the Props Say It All: Molly Sims took to her blog to announce she and her husband would be welcoming baby number two. The last time she revealed her growing bump, she shared an adorable story on her blog about telling her husband with a DIY fortune cookie. This time she took up a similar method by posting the sweet, prop-filled picture above with a short, heart-felt note about her excitement to become a mom once again.
7. ‘Gram It With Creativity: Leave it to the one and only Coca Rocha to announce a pregnancy in the most hauntingly beautiful way possible… by Instagramming a video of herself wearing a nude bodysuit while a slightly creepy lullaby plays in the background. Hey, different strokes for different folks, right? This one is a bit on the off-beat side, but it’s an announcement that won’t likely be forgotten.
8. Tackle It Hands On: Tori Spelling shocked the blogospere when she shared this now famous “hands on belly” shot on her site EdiTORIal, with the caption, “Dean, Liam, Stella, Hattie and I are beyond thrilled to announce that another little McDermott is on the way! We feel truly blessed that another angel has found us.” Follow suit by creating the photo and sharing it with friends and family via your favorite social site.
9. Get Silly With It: Some of the best pregnancy announcements are those that don’t take themselves too seriously. Case in point: This hilarious “We’re Prego” Instagram announcement from NFL wide receiver Torrey Smith and his wife Chanel.
10. Let the Sibling Share: Letting big bro or big sis break the news is one of the most fun ways to share your big announcement. We adore how Scrubs alum Donald Faison and wife Cacee Cobb jazzed up this Instagram pic of their son to announce baby number two.
11. Incorporate a Holiday: Jessica Simpson undoubtedly holds the title for the “punniest” Halloween pregnancy announcement ever. At first, everyone was intrigued when she posted a tweet with the caption “ANNOUNCEMENT!!!” and a link to her website. Just a click away, this photo popped up with a title proclaiming, “It’s true! I am going to be a mummy!” Nice timing, Jess.
12. Get Literal: Model and former pro wrestler Stacy Keibler and her husband Jared Pobre went all in with the puns when they announced they were expecting. The mom-to-be posted the bun in the oven photo to her Instagram and surely got just as many chuckles as congrats.
13. A Positive Test: Tamera Mowry, half of the Sister, Sister duo, snapped her pregnancy test and posted it on social media to show her excitement for baby number two with husband Adam Housley. It’s always exciting to pass a test, right?
Which celeb pregnancy announcement style gets the baby kickin’? Tell us below!