When we think of slow cooker recipes, we often imagine warming, hearty meals like soups and stews. And while these are undoubtably yummy meal options, they don’t exactly scream summer. But you know what’s often made in a slow cooker? Summertime staples like gourmet taco recipes and even chilled soups. Here are 10 of our favorite light recipes you can throw into your slow cooker in the morning and enjoy without fuss come evening.
1. Slow Cooker Pork Chops With Peach Salsa: If you loved applesauce with pork chops when you were a kid, you *have* to try this grown-up version. Peach salsa lends an element of sweetness to your savory pork chops, and its fruitiness gives this recipe definite summer vibes. (via Slow Cooker Gourmet)
2. Slow Cooker Blackberry and Jalapeño Sandwiches: These gourmet sammies are so easy to make, you’ll wonder how the heck they have so much flavor. The answer is, of course, fresh seasonal produce like blackberries and jalapeños. (via Cooking for Keeps)
3. Slow Cooker Pineapple Pulled Pork Tacos: These juicy and uber-delish tacos are flavored with our favorite summertime ingredients: lime, pineapple, apricot, and brown sugar, to name a few. (via Gluten Free With LB)
4. Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa Bake: This veg-friendly recipe is PACKED full of seasonal ingredients (including our favorite summer staple: sweet corn). Just cook the quinoa, stir everything together, throw it in your slow cooker, and bake. (via Cooking Classy)
7. Slow Cooker Lime Coconut Chicken: Coconut, lime, pineapple. These are a few of our favorite things. Bonus: As long as you use fresh pineapple juice, this insanely delicious recipe is totally Paleo-approved. (via Slow Cooker Gourmet)
8. Pulled Pork Banh Mi Sandwich With Pickled Pineapple and Avocado: Banh Mi is a type of Vietnamese sandwich, and it’s definitely enjoying a moment in the spotlight. We think the *perfect* way to prepare it is to top it with yummy, summery flavors like avocado and pineapple. (via Shared Appetite)
9. Crockpot Carne Asada Nachos: These crowd-pleasing nachos are loaded with all kinds of good things, including (but not limited to) flank steak, sweet corn (again with the corn), lime, avocado, beer (yes, BEER), cilantro, and tomatoes. (via How Sweet Eats)
10. Slow Cooker Honey Barbecue Beef Brisket: This mouthwatering brisket recipe literally takes 15 minutes to prep. After that, it’s smooth sailing — just let it slow cook for about 10 hours. (via Le Creme de la Crumb)
Follow us on Pinterest for more delicious summer recipes!