Bring Thoughtful Back With 11 New Ways to Send Snail Mail
Can you remember the last time you sat down to write a letter? There’s something beautiful about putting your handwriting on a pretty card and sending it to your favorite people. No matter how much we love the ease and speed of email and texts, a letter you write will be treasured long after that email disappears. So whether you want to send a postcard to a friend or mail a love note to your honey, we’ve got 11 creative ways to get you excited about snail mail.
1. Card Subscription Box: Our favorite sisters from A Beautiful Mess have created a subscription service where you receive a whole bundle of letters and postcards every month. From love notes to silly cards, there is something in here for every occasion. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Pretty on the Outside: Half the fun of sending letters is decorating the envelope. Practice your hand-lettering, play with washi tape and add lots of stickers to make each one a piece of art. (via Thimble Cat)
3. Punkpost: You'll never miss a birthday again with this letter service. Brit + Co's very own Alexis Monson has a super cool letter-writing company where you pick out a card from their collection, type up your message and then let her team handwrite and mail it for you. (via Punkpost)
4. More Love Letters: Would you write a letter to a complete stranger? The World Needs More Love Letters’ mission is to send handwritten love to people who are going through rough times. Read the stories, and if you’re feeling inspired, send some encouragement. (via More Love Letters)
6. Postcards: You don’t have to wait until you travel somewhere exotic to send a postcard. Postcards are a fun way to connect without feeling like you have to write a super long letter. (via Free People)
7. Say Hi with Pie: Why mail a birthday card when you can send them a piece of pie? Made with upholstery foam and caulking, each slice looks freakishly realistic and only costs a couple dollars to send. (via Project Denneler)
8. DIY Postcards: Stationery can be expensive, but Postick is a brilliant way to make a postcard out of anything that tickles your fancy. Got a funny photo, some pretty gift wrap or an old map? Use the Postick stickers to make your scraps sturdy enough to get through the mail. (via Postick)
9. Mail Cool Things: Did you know you can mail anything 13 ounces or less without a box? Small fees may apply, but the possibilities are endless. Send a hefty helping of glitter or a bottle of sprinkles for Valentine’s Day. (via Giver’s Log)
10. Tiny Mail: Don’t worry, you don’t have to strain your eyes to write this letter. Type your message up when you order the card and a team of tiny elves will write the letter for you. Okay, maybe not, but these miniature letters are almost too cute to handle. (via Leafcutter Designs)
11. Piñata-gram: What?! Yes, believe it. Mini piñatas are totally acceptable to send via USPS. With a little extra postage and this simple DIY, you’re just steps away from sending a bright, candy-filled donkey to your fave pen pal. (via Studio DIY)
Do you still send snail mail? Talk to us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)