20 Easy Ways to Get Your Hair Off Your Neck
Looking hot (and not in the sweaty way) when it’s 90 degrees out requires two things: sweat-proof makeup and your hair OFF your neck. It can be so frustrating spending time doing your hair in the morning only to walk outside into the humidity and have it all ruined in under 10 minutes. So what do we do? Put our hair up in a messy bun and call it a day. While we’re all for messy, two-second hairstyles, why not start off the day with one that you know looks good? We’ve rounded up 20 styles to keep you looking gorg while staying cool for the rest of the summer.
1. Fishtail Pigtails: This style looks complicated, but will take you less than 10 minutes to master. Part your hair, dividing it into two sections, one for each braid. On each side, take a small part of the outer section and cross it over, adding it to the inside of the other section. Then, do the same thing to the other side and keep repeating until you run out of hair. Secure the fishtail braid with an elastic tie and repeat the steps to the other side. (via Fab Fashion Fix)
2. Low Braided Bun: For a romantic style that’s perfect for a date or drinks with the girls, try a low-braided bun. It’s okay if a few pieces on the side fall out; it should look a little messy. (via Divine Caroline)
4. Crown Braid: Crown braids are pretty hard, so you might want to enlist a friend for help (unless you’re a beauty school babe, an expert braider or Chris Pratt). But if you can master it, you’ll be the boho envy of all your friends. The secret is to constantly move the middle part while you braid so it is always the section on top. (via Fashion Design Diva)
6. Scarf Updo: Sometimes simple is best. For this style, gather all your hair on the top of your head, securing it in place with a scarf. Leave some of your hair out in the front to keep it playful. (via Simply Cyn)
13. Scarf Wrap Bun: Getting this look is as simple as incorporating a scarf into a regular bun. Let the scarf hang from the top of your head down and treat it as extra hair, weaving it into your ‘do. (via Top Inspired)
14. Braid With a Bow: It doesn’t get much easier than a traditional braid, which is perf when it’s too hot to blow dry your hair after showering. Add a pretty bow for a sweet finishing touch. (via A Beautiful Mess)
15. Half Braid: You’d think half-braiding your hair would look like you just got lazy half-way through, but as long as you curl the ends, it looks totally glamourous. Just take some inspiration from stylist to the stars Rachel Zoe. (via Popsugar)
17. Perfect Messy Top Knot: Transform your workout hair into a trendy top knot simply by twisting your hair as you pull it up. That one maneuver changes everything — it even looks good with a suit! (via Cara Loren)
19. Chignon French-Braid Mash-Up: Two trusty standbys — French braids and buns — join forces to form this perfect summer style. It can be uber glam or low-key and casual, depending on what accessories you wear with. (via Brit + Co)
20. Low Chignon: For a polished look that won’t keep you in front of the mirror for more than 15 minutes, go for a low chignon. If a few pieces threaten to fall out, let them; it should look a little undone. (via The Small Things)
Have a favorite summer updo style? Share with us in the comments!