Make These Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potatoes As A Thanksgiving Appetizer (Or Side!)
Have you figured out your Thanksgiving menu yet? Whether you're serving up a turkey, vegan options, or all of the above, you probably want some super delicious sides and apps to complement your other Thanksgiving recipes. These bacon-wrapped sweet potatoes are so versatile, you can serve them before your meal, on the side, or even for breakfast on the morning of Thanksgiving. Delicious and Paleo-approved, they really have no downsides. Plus, bacon.
Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 20 slices bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut sweet potatoes into thick cut wedges or fry shapes.
- Wrap each sweet potato with a piece of bacon, slightly overlapping the bacon on itself as it goes around the sweet potato.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a single layer onto the baking sheet, leaving an inch or two in between each one. Do in two batches if needed. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Sweet potatoes should be tender and bacon crispy.
- Serve with ketchup, ranch, or aioli.
Want more Thanksgiving recipes and other meal ideas delivered right to your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter!
Photos and recipes by Sarah Anderson.
- 17 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- The Top Thanksgiving Recipes from All 50 States - Brit + Co ›
- 37 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Appetizers + Recipes - Brit + Co - Brit ... ›
- Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes To Gobble Up — Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›
- Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes — Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›