The holiday weekend is the perfect chance to catch up on some creative projects you’ve been dying to tackle. Are there enough ornaments on the tree? Figured out the perfect gift for your bestie? Not yet? Then skip the long shopping lines and treat yourself to some quality crafting time. We’ve got every category covered, from boozy drinks and ugly sweater cookies to velvet tops and *super* stylish confetti earrings. Here are 11 projects that’ll ensure your holiday weekend is the best one ever.
1. DIY 3D Gem Ornaments: Add some colorful “bling” to your weekend with these printable paper gems. Deck out your tree, use them as gift toppers or turn them into snazzy place settings at the Christmas dinner table. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Colorful Birch Wood Candles: These colorful birch wood candlesticks would make a great hostess gift, but there’s no judgment if you decide to keep them all for yourself. They’re just so adorable. Fortunately, they are inexpensive and easy to create, so you can make one for yourself and still gift one. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
4. DIY White Chocolate Candy Cane Cocktail: Oooh la la — the candy cane just got all grown up over here. Mix up a creamy blend of creme de menthe, fresh cream and a dash of absinthe for a gorg after-dinner cocktail that’s not too sweet and totes ‘grammable. (via Sugar & Cloth)
5. DIY Graphic Initial Sweatshirt: The weather outside is frightful… so you — and your #squad — definitely need one of these fab sweatshirts in your life. If you’re looking for a last-minute gift idea, whip out this DIY graphic initial sweatshirt in about three steps and for less than $20. (via Studio DIY)
6. DIY Velvet Top: If you’re looking for a top that’s a little more NYE than night-in, check out this chic velvet top that will cost you less than a bottle of bubbly. Pair your new top with a sequin skirt and you’re ready to dance the night away. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Confetti Earrings: Speaking of NYE outfit ideas, these confetti earrings are next level. Grab a set of mini fillable ornaments and fill ’em up with confetti and glitter. Whoa, so cool. (via Studio DIY)
8. DIY Ugly Christmas Sweater Cookies: With the main holiday rush over, you can finally sit back and channel your cookie decorating skills to make these ugly sweater masterpieces. Send them home with guests as party favors or give them away while you’re out caroling. Everyone will be SO impressed, seriously. (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Photo Flip Album: At the end of every year, it’s nice to flip through your camera roll and pick out some of the highlights to showcase IRL. DIY this classy photo flip album to show off your fur babies, beach snaps and bestie in style. (via Sugar & Cloth)
10. DIY Mini Ski Box: This might be the cutest piece of mini decor ever, and the best part is that it’s “winter” themed so you can keep it up until spring. Turn an empty cookie tin box into a sparkly snow slope with teeny tiny people, fake snow and mini evergreen trees. (via Brit + Co)
11. DIY Painted Gift Boxes: This is for the last-minute gifts, when you run out of tape and paper or you just want something a little different. Pull out your paints and decorate those gift boxes with bold, graphic patterns, put a bow on it and call it a day. (via Damask Love)
We’d love to see what you’re making this weekend! Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!