What to Make This Weekend: 3D Gem Ornaments, Birch Wood Candles + More
The holiday weekend is the perfect chance to catch up on some creative projects you’ve been dying to tackle. Are there enough ornaments on the tree? Figured out the perfect gift for your bestie? Not yet? Then skip the long shopping lines and treat yourself to some quality crafting time. We’ve got every category covered, from boozy drinks and ugly sweater cookies to velvet tops and *super* stylish confetti earrings. Here are 11 projects that’ll ensure your holiday weekend is the best one ever.
1. DIY 3D Gem Ornaments: Add some colorful “bling” to your weekend with these printable paper gems. Deck out your tree, use them as gift toppers or turn them into snazzy place settings at the Christmas dinner table. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Colorful Birch Wood Candles: These colorful birch wood candlesticks would make a great hostess gift, but there’s no judgment if you decide to keep them all for yourself. They’re just so adorable. Fortunately, they are inexpensive and easy to create, so you can make one for yourself and still gift one. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
4. DIY White Chocolate Candy Cane Cocktail: Oooh la la — the candy cane just got all grown up over here. Mix up a creamy blend of creme de menthe, fresh cream and a dash of absinthe for a gorg after-dinner cocktail that’s not too sweet and totes ‘grammable. (via Sugar & Cloth)
5. DIY Graphic Initial Sweatshirt: The weather outside is frightful… so you — and your #squad — definitely need one of these fab sweatshirts in your life. If you’re looking for a last-minute gift idea, whip out this DIY graphic initial sweatshirt in about three steps and for less than $20. (via Studio DIY)
6. DIY Velvet Top: If you’re looking for a top that’s a little more NYE than night-in, check out this chic velvet top that will cost you less than a bottle of bubbly. Pair your new top with a sequin skirt and you’re ready to dance the night away. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Confetti Earrings: Speaking of NYE outfit ideas, these confetti earrings are next level. Grab a set of mini fillable ornaments and fill ’em up with confetti and glitter. Whoa, so cool. (via Studio DIY)
8. DIY Ugly Christmas Sweater Cookies: With the main holiday rush over, you can finally sit back and channel your cookie decorating skills to make these ugly sweater masterpieces. Send them home with guests as party favors or give them away while you’re out caroling. Everyone will be SO impressed, seriously. (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Photo Flip Album: At the end of every year, it’s nice to flip through your camera roll and pick out some of the highlights to showcase IRL. DIY this classy photo flip album to show off your fur babies, beach snaps and bestie in style. (via Sugar & Cloth)
10. DIY Mini Ski Box: This might be the cutest piece of mini decor ever, and the best part is that it’s “winter” themed so you can keep it up until spring. Turn an empty cookie tin box into a sparkly snow slope with teeny tiny people, fake snow and mini evergreen trees. (via Brit + Co)
11. DIY Painted Gift Boxes: This is for the last-minute gifts, when you run out of tape and paper or you just want something a little different. Pull out your paints and decorate those gift boxes with bold, graphic patterns, put a bow on it and call it a day. (via Damask Love)
We’d love to see what you’re making this weekend! Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)