10 Pieces of IKEA Bedding to Give Your Bed an Affordable Upgrade
Daylight savings time means darker mornings and beds you don’t want to leave. While we’re all for high thread count luxury sheets, let’s be real: Those things are expensive! Since we don’t have thousands to spend on our bedding (yet!), we do a lot of our shopping at IKEA. We tend to gravitate toward their duvet cover sets, so we can pair our new purchases with what we already have. And with all that money saved, who knows, you might have enough for a trip somewhere warm.
1. STRANDKRYPA Duvet Cover + Pillowcase ($30): While you’re waiting for those April showers and May flowers, these floral-patterned duvet cover and pillowcases just may help tide you over.
2. Sommar Blankets ($15): These fleece blankets are equally perfect as a pop of color at the foot of the bed or to snuggle under on a cold March night.
3. BJÖRNLOKA Duvet Cover + Pillowcase ($40): You can’t go wrong with gray in the bedroom (seriously, we found 50 shades of the color). But all movie puns aside, the gray in this duvet cover and pillowcase set is so soothing and relaxing, it’s almost guaranteed to give you a good night’s sleep.
4. EMMIE RUTA Duvet Cover + Pillowcase ($40): Does anything say spring quite as loudly as gingham? Even if it’s still cold outside, you can mentally get ready for those spring picnics with this duvet cover.
7. SISSELA Duvet Cover + Pillowcase ($20): The gardening-themed line drawings on this duvet cover and pillowcase will give you spring dreams.
8. PS 14 Duvet Cover + Pillowcase ($50): This graphic duvet cover and pillow set are made from a lyocell/cotton blend, which is moisture wicking. If you get extra warm at night, this might be the one for you.
What’s your favorite thing to pick up from IKEA? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)