25 Delicious Recipes You Can Make With Buttermilk
It’s in your pancakes, your waffles and your favorite ranch dressing. Buttermilk is behind many of our most beloved and classic recipes, adding a rich and creamy punch to batters and doughs. But buttermilk has the potential to improve so many more recipes beyond the usuals. We’ve got sweet and savory covered with these 25 stellar recipe ideas to make the most of this multi-purpose ingredient.
2. Red, White + Blue Velvet Bundt Cake: This cake just missed the 4th of July, but it’s so pretty that we insist you save it for next year. You might as well make it anyway just to test it out before next year :) (via Baking A Moment)
4. Baked Donuts With Chocolate + Vanilla Glaze: If you can say no to these, then we envy your self control. They might not make our list of healthy donut recipes, but hey, we won’t tell if you indulge a little. (via Edible Perspective)
5. Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes + Syrup: These classic pancakes are made with whole wheat, so they’re a tiny bit healthier. And, surprise! The syrup has buttermilk in it, too. (via Garnish and Glaze)
6. Strawberry Basil Scones: There’s just something amazing about scones when they’re made perfectly. The flaky consistency melts away in your mouth. Perfectly-made scones of the strawberry basil variety? Yes, please. (via Cherry On My Sundae)
7. Eggplant With Buttermilk Sauce + Pomegranate: Whether you’re an eggplant fan or not, there’s a big chance this sweet buttermilk sauce and pomegranate seed topping will have you rooting on the vegetable’s side. (via Papilles + Pupilles)
10. BBQ Chicken Nachos With Buttermilk Onion Rings: Our deductive reasoning tells us these onion rings are highly addictive, and that’s before we even touch the nachos behind them. (via How Sweet It Is)
13. Bourbon Cherry Tartlets With Bourbon Whipped Cream: We got a little creative with the whole seasonal fruit thing. And we couldn’t leave the booze or the buttermilk out of the fun. (via Brit + Co)
14. Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins: We dare you to add one more ingredient to these delightful muffins. (via Pinch of Yum)
15. Overnight Soft and Fluffy Cinnamon Rolls: This totally from-scratch recipe takes a whopping five hours from start to finish. But this blogger swears the final product is worth every minute. (via Averie Cooks)
16. Best Blueberry Muffins: There are tons of blueberry muffin recipes circling the blogosphere. But we’re here to make sure you stick with the very best. And, while you’re at it, check out our favorite blueberry recipes. (via Cooking Classy)
21. Corn + Chive Popovers: This thin batter is similar to crepes’ beginnings. In this case, add corn and chives, pour into a popover tin and watch them rise into hollow muffin-y goodness. (via Smitten Kitchen)
What else can you mix buttermilk into for a richer, creamier taste? Let us lick the spoon in the comments below!