25 Pancake Recipes to Make for Shrove Tuesday
A whole day dedicated to pancakes? Yeah, we like the sound of that. Held every year on the same day as Mardi Gras, Shrove Tuesday is all about the flapjacks. Whether you start the day off with a short stack and then move on to more, umm, “festive” celebrations come evening, or decide to make a meal of the ‘cakes all day long, we highly recommend that you whip up at least one of these 25 delicious recipes real soon.
3. Greek Yogurt Pancakes: See ya later, buttermilk. Greek yogurt takes the place of the usual short stack star to create just-as-fluffy flapjacks with a healthy boost of protein. (via Creme de la Crumb)
6. Maple Bacon Pancake Poppers: Even though the batter is flecked with bacon, we’d still serve a few slices (or sausage links) alongside these pancakes. Baking them in a muffin tin means you won’t have to stand over the stove flipping ‘cake after ‘cake after ‘cake. (via Food Fanatic)
7. American Pancakes With Pomegranate and Blueberries (Dairy-Free): Enjoy drizzling the fresh pomegranate and blueberry syrup over these classic flapjacks. (via The Hedge Combers)
9. Cheesecakelets (Gluten-Free): Fluffy, slightly sweet and dotted with pockets of melty curds, these whole grain pancakes may be even better than buttermilk. (via A Sage Amalgam)
10. Pancakes With Fresh Blueberry Sauce (Vegan): Made without a whole list of specialty ingredients, this is a vegan breakfast option that everyone can whip up without breaking their budget. (via A Little Sweet Life)
17. Mexican Hot Chocolate Pancakes With Salted Dulce de Leche (Paleo): Cinnamon and cayenne make these spiced hot cocoa pancakes extra nice. (via The Healthy Maven)
20. Banana Split Pancakes: If you really want to go all out with the dessert-for-breakfast theme, top it off with a scoop of ice cream. Come to think of it, our two-ingredient banana-chocolate would be the perfect, healthy accompaniment. (via The Breakfast Drama Queen)
21. Pumpkin Cornmeal Pancakes: Pumpkin and cornmeal skew the flavor profile toward fall, but trust that these bad boys are just as enjoyable year-round. (via The Tasty Bite)
25. Anzac Biscuit Pancakes (Grain-Free, Sugar-Free): Anzac biscuits may last for ages, but one taste of these johnnycakes and they’ll soon disappear. The recipe is scaled to make a single serving, but feel free to double it up for breakfast with your honey. (via The Big Man’s World)
What’s your favorite way to serve up pancakes? Share your best recipes and topping ideas with us below!