20 Chic Ways to Freshen Up Your Coffee Table
The living room is the center of our home, and the coffee table is the center of our living room. Unfortunately, these centers are usually found covered with remotes, candy wrappers and stacks of unread magazines. Are you tired of it? We are. Our coffee tables deserve better! Check out these 20 ideas to help you fight the battle against covered coffee tables and to prevent your center from becoming more about storage than style.
2. Pops of Color: If your walls are a neutral brown or gray, adding some bright blues and yellows will set a focal point. You can even pick fun toys or a colorful game to make your table totally kid-friendly. (via SAS Interiors)
3. Neutral: If bold color really isn’t your thing, try a neutral palette. Beachy items like shells and starfish are always an easy go-to for accents that don’t boast bright hues but that carry lots of textures. (via A Beach Cottage)
5. Globe It: Vintage globes bring a sophisticated, intelligent feel into any room. And if you’re into the sphere but aren’t feeling the geography, you could always… you know, cover it with chalkboard paint. Umm… yes! (via Alice Lane Home Collection)
7. Times Two: If you don’t have a lot of space in your living room, try using two small side tables instead of one large table. It will be just enough space for your favorite magazines and a cup of coffee or two. (via The Every Girl)
8. Quick Exit: If you’re hesitant to fill up your coffee table due to space issues, no worries. Your tabletop decor doesn’t have to be a permanent situation. Hold it all on a tray so you can easily put it aside to make space for board games or fondue. (via Decor Pad)
9. Ghost Coffee Table: We’ve all heard of the ghost chairs, so why not a ghost coffee table too? A clear piece of furniture makes your space feel more open and is a surefire way to direct eyes to the creative contents sitting on top of the table. (via Lonny)
10. Burning Brightly: Candles give any room a super homey feel. Not to mention that they smell awesome and come in a million different styles. We recommend beginning your search in the Brit Shop. (via TovTov)
11. Storage Below: Some of us may have too many magazines to fit on a coffee table, so let’s take them down below. You can store them in a box, basket or display them openly for easy access to the latest and greatest gossip. (via The Every Girl)
12. Keep It Low: Sometimes your table is surrounded by seating. If that’s the case, keep your decorations on the lower side so you can easily see those smiling faces sitting across from you. (via Design Sponge)
18. Bowl of Mementos: Gather up all those old pictures and theater tickets you have lying around and put them on display in a shallow bowl. We guarantee they’ll spark some epic conversation and storytelling. (via Live Creating Yourself)
Is your coffee table cluttered or clean? Which idea has you ready to refresh the center of your living room? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook.