Crazy for Coconut Butter? 10 DIYs to Try!
There’s something sexy about the way butter melts onto… well, just about anything. But a healthy-fat alternative is even hotter! No churning required — all you need is a food processor or blender. If you’re looking for ways to amp up your toast game, look no further because we’ve got ten dairy-free, sugar-free, nut-free, paleo and vegan-friendly coconut spreads that you can whip up in no time! (Bonus: all of these recipes have 5 ingredients or less!)
1. Classic Coconut Butter: You just need one (yes, you read that correctly, ONE) ingredient to make this not-so-basic butter: shredded unsweetened coconut. Throw a bag of it in your food processor or blender until it gets smooth (ten-ish minutes) and if it needs a little help, add in 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil. (via Chocolate Covered Katie)
2. Blackberry, Cacao and Fig Coconut Butters: The possibilities are endless when it comes to creating flavored coconut butter. We love the idea of using fruit that’s in season as a natural sweetener. Try smashed blackberries or chopped figs, OR crushed cacao nibs if you’re okay with being “bad.” (via The Beauty Department)
3. Chocolate Coconut Butter: Dessert is stressed spelled backwards, and a spoonful of this stuff is a sure-fire way to cure a case of the Mondays — or any day that ends in y! Also good with waffles, berries, ice cream — you name it. (We’re keeping a stash in the Brit HQ fridge!) (via My Whole Food Life)
4. Strawberry Coconut Butter + Mini Strawberry Scones: If you’re tired of toast altogether, you can go all out with these gluten-free, vegan and paleo scone minis and top them with a simple 2-ingredient strawberry butter. A batch of these with a spot o’ tea would make us berry happy. (via Secret Recipe Club)
5. Toasted Pecan Coconut Butter: When it comes to mix-ins, we want you to go nuts (unless you’re allergic, of course)! We think it’d be the perfect topping to a hearty bowl of oatmeal or spread on toast with a spiced cider. (via The Curious Fig)
7. Chocolate Chip Coconut Butter: Take some leftover chocolate chips and stir them into plain coconut butter to take waffles, pancakes or a grain-free loaf to the next level. You’re welcome. (via How Sweet Eats)
8. Cinnamon Coconut Banana, Spicy Goji Berry and Espresso Cacao Chip Coconut Butters: Have a brunch or play-date coming up but don’t know what to make that’ll please picky eaters and sensitive tummies? Make this trio of coconut butters with a tray of allergen-friendly crackers and fruit for your spread. (via Lunchbox Bunch)
10. Vanilla Coconut Butter: Stir in high-quality vanilla extract or scrape in a vanilla bean for a yummy flavored butter that will make you feel warm and fuzzy, like wrapping yourself up in a cozy faux fur throw for your taste buds. (via Espresso & Cream)
Which of these coconut butters will you spread on tomorrow’s toast? Have any mix-ins to suggest? Let us know what you think in the comments!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.