Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and it’s the perfect opportunity to celebrate your BFFs and loved ones. Skip the expensive, cliché gifts this year and DIY something really special for your #squad. Whether you’re writing throwback cards to your ’90s-inspired friends, sending out conversation heart piñatas to your long-distance loves or treating yourself to a batch of red velvet cheese tarts (self-love counts too!), these easy DIY projects will make V-day extra sweet. Scroll on down for 10 lovey dovey projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
2. DIY BFF Ring Dish: Raise your hand if you had one of these broken heart necklaces growing up! Grab your polymer clay and make this ring dish for you and your BFF. Maybe you’ll finally stop losing so many bobby pins and hair ties (#butprobablynot). (via Studio DIY)
3. DIY Felt Bouquet: Instead of roses, give your gal pals the gift of a bouquet that will never, ever die. Follow this tutorial to make four different kinds of blooms — roses, dahlias, ranunculus and anemones — out of pink felt. Tie the whole thing together with a bow and send them off to your LDL. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Beeswax Candles: Before you spend your whole weekend budget on expensive candles, follow this DIY to make your very own. Best part? They’re made out of all-natural beeswax, so there’s nothing icky polluting your romantic scene. (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. DIY Leather Luggage Tags: If you’re making travel a priority this year, you definitely need to amp up your airport style. Ensure you’ll never miss your luggage in baggage claim with a one-of-a-kind leather luggage tag. Pro tip: Use leather paint so your pretty design doesn’t smudge. (via Damask Love)
6. DIY Heart Sweater: Confession time: We may have a bit of an obsession with conversation heart clothing (remember this DIY conversation heart dress?). Hack this cool sweater with nothing more than an iron and some fabric paint. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Pom Pom Slippers: It might be a few months before you can bust out your cute shoes again, so you might as well make the most of your situation with a pair of pom-pom slippers. Your cold toes won’t know what hit ’em. (via Sugar & Cloth)
8. DIY Custom Wedding Vows Booklet: Hats off to you if you’re writing your own wedding vows. Now make sure those vows stay super safe with a custom booklet that will only take you a few minutes to put together. Finish it off with a pretty photo and some personalized hand-lettering. (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Post-It Note Holder: Anybody just a tiny bit excited to start tackling spring cleaning? There’s something so satisfying about organizing your workspace, especially when you can consolidate office supplies like Post-its or paper clips into pretty, handmade storage. Check out the tutorial to get all the deets and then start wrangling up those sticky notes. (via Make and Tell)
10. DIY Gym Bag: Your gym buddies are going to be totes jelly when they see you hauling this bag into your next workout class. Plus, the cool color palette and chic mesh accents mean this bag would fit right in as your next weekender bag. (via Brit + Co)
Which project are you digging this weekend? Show us what you’re makin’ by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!