11 of the Best Hair and Makeup Looks from Cannes 2015
At Cannes, it’s not just the award-winning films and gorgeous gowns we’re after. It’s also the place to spot some of the latest hair and makeup trends. Seriously, the celebs didn’t hold back this year, and we’re loving the glam vibes. From bold red lips to laid-back beach waves and vibrantly lined eyes, here are some of our favorite beauty trends from the Cannes Film Festival 2015 festivities.
1. Laissez-Hair: Effortless ‘dos made a serious statement on the red carpet this year, imparting just the right amount of beach chic to celebs’ glam goddess getups. Lazy girls everywhere, take note. (Photos via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty, Tristan Fewings/Getty)
2. Bold Lipstick: Nothing says glamorous star of the silver screen quite like a red-hot lip. Celebs were rocking the look to give their daytime duds a little extra oomph. (Photo via Tristan Fewings/Getty)
3. Beautiful Braids: The perfect way to pare down the edge of a fashion-forward look is an ultra-romantic updo. Lea Seydoux and Poppy Delevigne both had the right idea, pulling their luscious locks back into untamed braided styles. (Photos via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty, Neilson Barnard/Getty)
4. Eye-catching Eyeliner: Really want to make those eyes pop? Follow Aishwarya Rai’s lead and line those peepers with some statement-making liner. You’ll get extra bonus points for complementing your eye color and your outfit. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
5. Sleek Hair Accessories: The time of the barrette has definitely not passed, at least not if you ask Lindsay Ellingson. A super-sleek hair accessory played up the tough-as-nails edge of her striking quicksilver dress, while adding a polished touch to her unfussy ponytail ‘do. (Photos via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
6. Sassy Cat Eye: Barbara Palvin was channeling her inner femme fatale out on the red carpet, turning heads with a look-at-me cat eye and an equally as striking sheer gown. The look on its own is incredibly fierce, so keeping the rest of your makeup low key is a must to avoid going too over the top. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
7. Glamorous Waves: Just like red lips, loose, romantic waves are a red carpet fave. While side-swept locks are the classic way to rock them, Charlize Theron’s updo interpretation is seriously on point. (Photos via Danny E. Martindale/Getty, Ian Gavan/Getty)
8. Glowing Skin: With a seaside locale like Cannes, glowing skin is a must. Karlie Kloss knocked it out of the park with rosy cheeks, a pink pout and just a touch of bronzer. (Photo via Clemens Bilan/Getty)
9. Earthy Smokey Eye: Ladies like Zoe Kravitz and Rooney Mara may have opted for flowy, lightly-hued frocks, but when it came to their makeup, they really brought the drama. Taking a step back from classic black, they opted for earthy shades of brown, bronze and mauve to create their sultry, smokey eye looks. (Photos via Danny E. Martindale/Getty, Neilson Barnard/Getty)
10. Beach Waves: Perfectly coiffed hair styles and glam updos are kind of Cannes’ thing, but more and more, we’re seeing stylish celebs do things their own way. Cara Delevingne hit up the De Grisogono party with incredibly covetable waves. (Photo via Andreas Rentz/Getty)
11. Au Naturale: Natural-looking makeup always goes over well. Cannes might be all about glitz and glam, but red carpet fixtures like Naomi Watts and Emma Stone ditched the dramatic beauty routine for more fresh-faced looks. The results were stunning. (Photos via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
Who wore your favorite beauty look during Cannes? Which style will you be giving a try? Tell us in the comments!