20 Hair Tools Every Beauty Lover Wants This Holiday
Do you have someone in your life that always seems to be having a perfect hair day? You know the one — the guy or gal whose ‘do looks fab no matter what the weather, where they are or what time of day. We’ll let you in on a little secret: Chances are they have the perfect hair tools to keep their coifs looking so flawless.
GIFT IDEAS TO BRUSH THROUGH TANGLES
2. Ibiza Hair G4 Swirled Extended Cork Round Brush ($42): Thick-haired ladies will flip for this hard-working brush, which employs a whole bunch o’ bristles to give coarse hair control and shine.
GIFT IDEAS TO DRY IT
4. Harry Josh Pro Tools Pro Dryer 2000 ($300): Alright, $300 for a hair dryer seems a bit insane, but just hear us out. This particular tool was created by Harry Josh, the stylist behind Blake Lively’s infamous locks, which gives us a lot of faith in this state-of-the-art dryer.
6. Hubalou Wrap Hair Towel ($24): If air drying is more her style, this eco-friendly hair wrap is just the ticket. Made from sustainable bamboo fibers, this towel not only cuts down on drying time but also prevents breakage and frizz. Can you say perfect hair day?
7. BaByliss Pro Porcelain Ceramic Hair Dryer ($80): The perfect hair day usually starts with a good blow dry, and this ceramic dryer is one of the best out there. Not only will it get the job done quickly, but the six heat/speed settings will also have your loved one feeling like their very own stylist.
GIFT IDEAS TO CURL IT
8. T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Tourmaline Styling Wand Set ($270): Waves? Tight curls? With this interchangeable styling wand, there’s no need to change tools to fit the type of style you’re looking for. It comes with three different barrels, allowing you to create a countless number of looks with one device.
10. Drybar 3-Day Bender Digital Curling Iron ($135): Even the girl who has everything probably doesn’t have a rotating curling iron. Curly locks have never been easier to achieve than with this rotating clamp curling wand, featuring mineral technology that will leave hair shining and healthy.
12. Kiss Instawave Automatic Curler ($50): This curler is about as close to hands-free as the hair industry gets. Give a glamour girl the curls she deserves with this “curls-in-an-instant” styler.
13. Eva NYC 4-Piece Interchangeable Barrel Curler ($200): Remember the days when you needed a different curling iron for every style? Well, now we have tools like this one, which offers four interchangeable barrels.
GIFT IDEAS TO STRAIGHTEN IT
14. Jet Setter Rechargeable Styling Iron ($99): For those who need to take their beauty routine on the road, this rechargeable wireless styler is the perfect fit.
15. Agave Healing Vapor Iron ($149): Give the gift of healthy hair this season with a tool that’s part styler, part treatment. The iron works in tandem with an included conditioning formula to leave hair smoother, shinier and all-around healthier looking.
16. InStyler MAX 2-Way Rotating Iron ($90): There’s almost no style that’s not achievable with this rotating curler and straightener in one. Nailed it.
17. Amika Movos Wireless Styler ($150): Frequent flyers will adore this wireless straightener, which delivers professional-looking results without any wires or plugs.
GIFT IDEAS TO STYLE IT
19. Remington Ultimate Stylist 3-in-1 Hair Styler ($30): A three-in-one styler will impress even the stingiest of hair multi-taskers. This all-in-one straightener, curling iron and volumizing brush is the ultimate overachiever.
20. Calista Perfecter Pro Swap Top Heated Multi-Styler ($110): What could be better than giving the gift of a home salon? This little gadget comes with — count ’em — five interchangeable stylers, making the dream of a home salon a reality.
Tweet us your hair tool wishlist @britandco!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.