The 32 Best Baby Halloween Costumes Ever
We’re no strangers to the art of a well-executed Halloween costume. But what happens when you have a new baby and no idea what to dress ’em up as? Pure genius is what. Scroll on for 32 infant costumes that are creative, hilarious, and perfectly made for the little ones in your life.
1. The Labyrinth Babe: “You remind of the babe. What babe? The babe with the power. What power? The power of Voo Doo. Who do? You do. Do what? Remind me of the babe!” (via Brit + Co)
2. Sunshine: They light up your life, so why not dress them up as the brightest star in your sky? (via Brit + Co)
3. Malala Yousafzai: Pakistani activist Malala Yousafzai is a widely loved and globally respected activist, focused specifically on the right to education. Also, she makes an adorable costume. (via Brit + Co)
4. Thunder: Get cozy with your little one with this elemental costume that is an absolute cinch to create. (via Brit + Co)
5. An Ewok: The Star Wars Ewoks *may* just have been our favorite part of the film. How cute is she?! (via Brit + Co)
6. Fidget Spinner: All you need are four materials for this simple costume, and you might even want to make a matching look for yourself. (via Brit + Co)
7. Toad: Aside from being the best two characters to play with in Mario Kart, Princess Peach and Toad are classics in the world of video games and ‘80s childhoods. (via Brit + Co)
8. Khaleesi: Before she was the Mother of Dragons, she was just a lil’ bb of dragons. (via Brit + Co)
9. Simba: “Remember who you are. You are my son, and the one true king.” Or daughter and the true KWEEN. (via Brit + Co)
10. Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Appointed to the Supreme Court in 1993 by President Bill Clinton, Ginsburg is a force to be reckoned with. And a costume that will truly be *judged* for how kick ass it is. (via Brit + Co)
11. Finding Dory: Baby Dory has huge pink-colored eyes, so they must be part of her costume. Create them with felt and hot-glue them onto the front of the onesie. (via Brit + Co)
12. Lydia from Beetlejuice: This veil DIY kind of makes the whole costume. Cut out a spiky piece of black foam and hot- glue it to a piece of red tulle, and then tie it around your bb’s little noggin. (via Brit + Co)
13. BB8: This costume is actually quite simple to put together but does involve a beach ball and a sewing machine. (via Brit + Co)
14. Rodent from The Princess Bride: Even if the whole squad doesn’t dress up as this classic ’80s movie cast — a baby mouse is always pretty darn cute. (via Brit + Co)
15. Curious George: That monkey suit? COME ON. It’s too good. (via Brit + Co)
16. Max from Where the Wild Things Are: Revive a favorite childhood book character by turning your little babe into the most curious kiddo there ever was. (via Brit + Co)
17. Yayoi Kusama: Avant-garde artist Yayoi Kusama is a personal hero of ours, and it goes beyond a love of patterns and polka dots. (via Brit + Co)
18. Bucket of Popcorn: For the popcorn, grab your baby carrier and a handful of safety pins (or double-stick tape). That’s right — this is a totally temporary piece. (via Brit + Co)
19. Buzz Lightyear ($35): To the crib and beyond!
20. Baby Dino: Tiny ROARS are always the cutest. (via Brit + Co)
21. Taco: Paint the town red with your little taquito — darling and delicious. (via Brit + Co)
22. Sebastian from The Little Mermaid: “Under the sea, under the sea, baby it’s better, down where it’s wetter, under the sea.” (via Brit + Co)
23.Hillary Clinton: To create a look inspired by our favorite nasty woman, it’s all about the appearance of a pantsuit. Even if, as in this case, there are no actual pants! (via Brit + Co)
24. Blue Ivy: None other than Queen Bey’s bebe, Blue Ivy is the perfect pop culture costume for every Beyonce fan out there. So, pretty much everyone, right?! (via Brit + Co)
25. Rosie the Riveter: We can def get down with this historical and v. badass ‘fit! To dress your own little lady (or lad) as this icon, all you need is a denim onesie and red bandana. So easy. (via Brit + Co)
26. Goose from Top Gun: This tiny Anthony Edwards-inspired costume *seriously* takes our breath away. (via Brit + Co)
27. Rosalie the Robot ($40): Beep boop bop bop! The only question is, can your kid do the robot?
28. A Suffragette: These OG feminists fought for our right to vote. Hell to the YES. To recreate this late 19th-century look, you’ll need a bonnet, a simple white dress, and a DIY “Votes for Women” sash. (via Brit + Co)
29. Donut: The statement piece that you can’t quite see is the sprinkle-covered onesie! A little fabric paint and five minutes are all it took to whip it up. (via Brit + Co)
30. The Handmaid’s Tale: Hailed as a feminist work since its publication in 1985, Margaret Atwood’s novel The Handmaid’s Tale makes for a slightly dark, dystopian costume option for your feminist tot. (via Brit + Co)
31. Sushi Baby ($28): Roll up your bundle of joy just like a sushi roll — seaweed included.
32. Amelia Earhart: She was the first female pilot to fly solo across the Atlantic, and her life is full of inspiration for your little adventurer. Plus, dressing your wee one up as this bold babe involves the cutest baby aviator hat and goggles you ever did see. (via Brit + Co)
What’s the best baby costume you’ve ever seen? Tweet and tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.