19 Ideas to Make School Lunch WAY More Fun
Sure, lunchtime is already filled with giggles, lunchbox swaps and kickball, but kids can never have too much fun, we always say. So why not add some extra goodies to those brown bags to make lunchtime at school even more of a good time? We’re thinking brain teasers, joke cards and maybe even LEGO lunchbox tops. You’re about to become the most popular parent at school. You’re welcome :)
1. Origami Notes: We used to love getting notes from mom or dad in our school lunches, but now you can up your note game by using patterned paper and folding those notes into origami shapes! (via Handmade Charlotte)
2. Fruit Stickers ($1): Promote healthy eating by slipping some of these stickers into your kiddies’ lunchboxes. After they eat their daily fruit, they can proudly walk around with one of these puppies stuck to their shirts!
4. DIY Alphabet Crackers: Bust out that edible ink and get to writing on those Wheat Thins! These alphabet crackers will have your little ones practicing their spelling even during their lunch breaks. (via Kids Activities Blog)
5. Puzzle Sandwich Cutter ($16): All kids (and even adults) love a good puzzle. Cut their sandwiches into puzzle pieces using this crust-removing sandwich cutter and we bet they eat the whole thing.
9. Fruit Roll-Up Fortune Cookies: Fruit roll-ups are a blast on their own, but to make lunch exponentially more fun, write tiny fortunes and fold those roll-ups into bright red fortune cookies for a sweet surprise! (via Project Denneler)
12. Lunchbox Jokes: Lunchbox jokes are a great way to get your little ones socializing over lunch. They’ll start telling these jokes in the cafeteria, and before you know it, they’ll be the class comic! (via Paging Supermom)
16. DIY Lunchables: We all remember those sodium-laden Lunchables we begged our parents for. If your little ones have taken up the plea, DIY this pizza lunchable to help satisfy their craving! (via Bent on Better Lunches)
17. Lunch Bag Drawings: A great cartoon goes a long way, especially when it’s drawn on your little ones’ brown bag lunches! We bet they don’t throw those brown paper bags away after all the food is gone. (via Brit + Co)
How do you like to add some fun to your little one’s lunch? Let us know below!
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!