19 Ideas to Make School Lunch WAY More Fun
Sure, lunchtime is already filled with giggles, lunchbox swaps and kickball, but kids can never have too much fun, we always say. So why not add some extra goodies to those brown bags to make lunchtime at school even more of a good time? We’re thinking brain teasers, joke cards and maybe even LEGO lunchbox tops. You’re about to become the most popular parent at school. You’re welcome :)
1. Origami Notes: We used to love getting notes from mom or dad in our school lunches, but now you can up your note game by using patterned paper and folding those notes into origami shapes! (via Handmade Charlotte)
2. Fruit Stickers ($1): Promote healthy eating by slipping some of these stickers into your kiddies’ lunchboxes. After they eat their daily fruit, they can proudly walk around with one of these puppies stuck to their shirts!
4. DIY Alphabet Crackers: Bust out that edible ink and get to writing on those Wheat Thins! These alphabet crackers will have your little ones practicing their spelling even during their lunch breaks. (via Kids Activities Blog)
9. Fruit Roll-Up Fortune Cookies: Fruit roll-ups are a blast on their own, but to make lunch exponentially more fun, write tiny fortunes and fold those roll-ups into bright red fortune cookies for a sweet surprise! (via Project Denneler)
12. Lunchbox Jokes: Lunchbox jokes are a great way to get your little ones socializing over lunch. They’ll start telling these jokes in the cafeteria, and before you know it, they’ll be the class comic! (via Paging Supermom)
16. DIY Lunchables: We all remember those sodium-laden Lunchables we begged our parents for. If your little ones have taken up the plea, DIY this pizza lunchable to help satisfy their craving! (via Bent on Better Lunches)
17. Lunch Bag Drawings: A great cartoon goes a long way, especially when it’s drawn on your little ones’ brown bag lunches! We bet they don’t throw those brown paper bags away after all the food is gone. (via Brit + Co)
How do you like to add some fun to your little one’s lunch? Let us know below!