8 Maximalist Instagram Interiors That Prove More Really Is More
Who needs minimalism when you can have eye-popping patterns, textured layers, and expertly curated #shelfies? Maximalism is all about displaying your treasures (think “healthy clutter”!) and seamlessly showcasing the unexpected. If you love collections of collections and your favorite color is *everything*, these gorgeous IG interiors will be right up your alley.
1. Place a Pattern or Three: Florals and stripes aren’t just a nice pair in your closet. Don’t forget to invite some houseplants to join the mix.
2. Refurbish and Elevate: We love a repurposed piece, and the fuchsia backing on this refurbished cocktail cabinet makes for a stunning piece. It’s big enough to stash all of the barware (and maybe another collection or two).
3. Let Style Mix and Mingle: Maximalism is all about combining design genres for a serious statement. Case in point: This gorgeous macrame hanging that works effortlessly with the traditional statue and modern floor lamp.
4. Collections of Collections: Maximalism 101: Any surface can be a gallery wall and/or place for an assortment of pieces. To get the look, opt for including jewel tones and metallic embellishments for impact.
5. Statement Seating: Why stick to clean lines and neutral tones when you can do *this* instead? That lip-shaped couch is simply divine.
6. Bold Botanical Embellishments: If maximalism had a checklist, floral decor and brass would be near the top. This lush pattern embodies the more-is-more attitude, while the repurposed saguaro lamp adds just the right over-the-top layer.
7. Mini Murals: Art shouldn’t be confined to the living room. This comfy breakfast nook has patterned pillows, giant plants, and a poppy mural to top it all off.
8. Sexy Shelves: Kitchen shelves aren’t just reserved for dinnerware. Take advantage of the storage in your space and show off some of your favorite trinkets instead.
Looking to add some more home inspo to your pinboard? Follow us on Pinterest for more Maximalist interiors!