21 Mint Chocolate Recipes to Make This Holiday Season
With colder weather setting in, our minds (and tummies) start thinking about the delicious holiday party feasts and Christmastime goodies that await our tastebuds. By far, the most refreshing combo of these holiday flavors is that perfect mix of peppermint and chocolate. From the addicting Starbuck’s peppermint latte to homemade peppermint fudge, mint and chocolate shout holiday season loud and clear. These 21 refreshingly minty and deliciously chocolaty recipes will satisfy your fix and are great to make all winter long. And no, we won’t judge if you dress up any of these with a red bow.
2. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake: Whoever said eating ice cream in winter isn’t cool clearly has never tried this cake before. A rich fudge sauce and plenty of crunch from walnuts and mint chip ice cream make it an explosion of flavor and texture. (via Carpe Season)
3. Baked Chocolate Donuts with Mint Frosting: Want to start your day off with a rush of mint chocolate? Try these tasty donuts, which are baked instead of fried, making them a slightly healthier breakfast or dessert. (via The Stay At Home Chef)
5. Mint Chip Superfood Smoothie: Looking to detox a bit from the holiday indulgence but still get all the flavor you crave? Make this healthy breakfast smoothie, which gets its green color from (totally optional) spirulina powder. (via Blissful Basil)
6. Chocolate Coconut Peppermint Patties: There’s nothing wrong with a peppermint patty now and again. But if you want to indulge a little more consciously, consider this healthy and vegan take. (via This Rawsome Vegan Life)
7. Peppermint White Hot Chocolate with Toasted Marshmallows: While this warm winter drink calls for white chocolate chips, feel free to use any chocolate you like. (via Love. Laugh. Cook!)
11. No-Bake Grasshopper Pie: If your oven is otherwise occupied with holiday food, this no-bake grasshopper pie — a tasty mix of mint cream on a chocolate crust — might be the perfect recipe to have in your repertoire. (via All Day I Dream About Food)
12. Mint Chocolate Oreo Bark: Oreos, Andes mints and plenty of chocolate make this an excellent sweet snack for any time of the year. That being said, the mint and chocolate give this a decided holiday flare. (via A Latte Food)
14. Mint Chocolate Puppy Chow: This is one of our favorite easy snacks because it’s so versatile. Follow the same basic steps as our Halloween version, but change up the flavors with this recipe. (via Shugary Sweets)
15. Chocolate Mouse Plants: Sure, the design of this dessert isn’t exactly holiday themed, but the presentation is so cute that we’re sure any of your guests would be delighted eat this after dinner. (via Eitje Kookt)
17. Mint Chocolate Mini Cakes: These dense cakes are almost like mini brownies, but they get an extra dose of chocolate thanks to the heavenly ganache draped over the top. Whipped cream and a mint leaf make for one festive topping. (via The Kitchen McCabe)
18.Vegan Chocolate Macaroons with Mint Frosting: This recipe may be a little complicated for the beginner cook… but if you’re dying for a mint chocolate dessert that makes all your guests (even vegan and gluten-free folks) happy, then this is the dessert for you. (via Philosophy and Cake)
19. Mint Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream: This technically isn’t ice cream since it’s not made with cream or sugar, but you’ll hardly know the difference. Avocados and bananas give it a creaminess that feels luscious without being too heavy. (via Purely Twins)
21. Chocolate Mint Bombs: Finish your meal with these chocolate mint truffles. They’re a great project to bring together friends and family in the kitchen for some cooking and indulging. (via Aapplemint)
Which of these minty chocolate recipes if your favorite? Tell us in the comments below!