16 Modern Poets You Need to Know About
Chances are the last time you discovered a new favorite poet, you were sitting in fourth period English waiting for the lunch bell to ring. Even if you went on to study literature in college, those “contemporary" poets were probably born around the mid-twentieth century. While we love classic poets, today we're celebrating contemporaries who've been putting the pen to paper (or keyboard to screen, in many cases) and carving out careers for themselves as modern poets. Scroll on to discover your new favorite wordsmith.
Tracy K. SmithTracy’s third book of poems, Life on Mars, mixes science fiction and reality, the universe and universal ideas. It also won the 2012 Pulitzer Prize. NBD. (Photo via Kely Nascimento-DeLuca/Aleim)
- How to Write a Love Poem Without Actually Writing a Love Poem ›
- 16 Books Every Millennial Should Read - Brit + Co ›
- 13 New Books in August to Put on Your Summer Reading List - Brit ... ›
- 7 Female Poets to Follow for a Daily Dose of Inspiration - Brit + Co ›
- 18 More Modern Poets You Should Know - Brit + Co ›