Some days we’re really torn between baking up a quick or more labor-intensive loaf of homemade bread. But now we have the perfect compromise in these 18 no-knead breads. With variations ranging from pizza crust to loaves made with alternative grains to bread-meets-cake creations, your baking routine just got a whole lot more simple. We’re quite certain that this easy style is only going to continue to rise in popularity, no matter how you slice it.
1. Homemade Sourdough: Start babying your sourdough mother today, and you’ll be ready to bake an outstanding loaf with a touch of sour flavor in only 10 days time. Ahh, fermentation, you really are awesome. (via Silvia’s Cucina)
8. Ciabatta Bread: There’s no question that big things are in store for this classic loaf. Imagine fancy toast, mouth-watering sandos or vessels for delicious dip — the possibilities are endless. (via Silvia’s Cucina)
9. Red Onion + Garlic Focaccia: Highly seasoned with onion, garlic and herbs, this focaccia is best served with some peppery olive oil. Get ready to be left with a mere pile of crumbs… it’s that good. (via Veggie Num Num)
11. Cheddar-Garlic Confit No-Knead Bread (Gluten-Free): Pockets of melty cheddar and soft cloves of garlic confit stud this fragrant, crusty and, believe it or not, gluten-free loaf. (via A Sage Amalgam)
12. Raspberry-Lemon Sweet Roll Cake With Buttermilk Glaze: Think of this cake-slash-bread as a giant cinnamon bun, where a brightly-flavored raspberry-lemon swirl takes the place of the usual spice suspects. (via Baking a Moment)
14. Single Serving Soft Pretzel: With no kneading required and only a 15-minute rise, this single-serve soft pretzel will be ready for snack time before you can say “Pass the mustard.” (via Top With Cinnamon)
15. Five-Minute Grilled Pizza Dough: There’s nothing quite like homemade pizza, but sometimes it’s just too hot to fire up the oven. For those times, you need this recipe for a quick and easy dough that “bakes” up beautifully on the grill. (via Foodess)
17. Slow Roasted Tomato Sandwiches: Talk about efficient. The garlic-balsamic-tomato filling for these delicious caprese-inspired sandwiches roast while the buns do their rising. Just think of how amazing your kitchen will smell! (via Simply So Good)
Have you jumped on the no-knead breadwagon yet? Let’s chat below!