What to Make This Weekend: Peeps S’mores, Color Blocked Napkins + More
Raise your hand if your spring to-do list is already a mile long. Okay, let’s talk priorities: Before you get caught up in all the party planning and holiday events this season brings, you’ll want to break out the spring cleaning and crafting supplies for a whole slew of spring-inspired projects to get you ready. Whether you’re looking to finally finish that epic gallery wall, tackle an awesome flower decor project or whip up a festive centerpiece for future brunches (read: Easter), the easy DIYs below will keep your weekend full of creativity *and* productivity. Scroll on to check out 13 easy projects to make before Monday’s return.
1. DIY Peeps Easter S’mores: Those pastel sugar-encrusted marshmallow Peeps can be tooth-achingly sweet, but once you sandwich them between chocolate-dipped Graham crackers, they turn into a whole new level of deliciousness. The kids will love helping you make these because, duh: marshmallows + microwaves = magic. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Custom Hand-Lettered Wrapping Paper: It’s always satisfying to post your hand lettering on Instagram and watch the double taps roll in, but what about getting your lettering off the screen and into the real world? Create the coolest personalized wrapping paper ever with this tutorial, and treat all your Pisces friends to some seriously rad birthday wrap. (via Design Eat Repeat)
3. DIY Gallery Wall: This apartment makeover collab with Lowes and our Executive Creative Director Anj is #gallerywallgoals. To tackle one on your very own, plan out your wall by cutting out pieces of craft paper the same size of your art. That way, you can play around with the layout while creating minimal nail holes. Then grab your picture-hanging kit, drill, level, hammer and nails, and get ready to put together the most epic gallery wall ever. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Color Block Napkins: Jazz up a set of plain napkins from IKEA with nothing more than a couple tubes of fabric paint and your color-loving imagination. For an on-trend set of napkins, embrace those pastels with a color-dipped look and modern black and white pattern on the other half. (via Enthralling Gumption)
5. DIY Bathroom Jewelry Storage: In a small bathroom, counter space is usually severely limited. Instead of taking up valuable property with jewelry boxes, take your bling collection vertical with this DIY jewelry storage that mounts right to the wall. Mix things up with cool knobs to create as much jewelry display space as possible. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Marble Photo Holder: This DIY is made with one of the easiest craft materials ever: air dry clay. Create a cool marbled effect by twisting together two or more colors, and use it as a trendy photo holder for your desk or mantle. To get major bonus points, make another set to gift to your Instagram-loving BFF or your mom for Mother’s Day. (via Burkatron)
7. DIY Watercolor Sneakers: Why should art stay on the walls when you can wear it around all day long? Take your love of watercolor to your feet and upgrade a pair of plain white sneakers with a paintbrush and a trendy pastel wash. Go for a light blue and purple galaxy look to really take your spring OOTD to the next level. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Botanical Resin Coasters: Resin novices, listen up! If you’ve never played with resin before, this is a great project to kick off your new obsession. Start with a clay base, add dried flowers and fill it up with resin for a super easy DIY that makes a big impact on your coffee table. It’s just what you need to bring a little bit of nature indoors while you’re waiting for your tulips to bloom. (via The Lovely Drawer)
9. DIY Spring Flower Projects: If you cried a little when you had to take down those Christmas lights, now you have a legitimate excuse to pull them back out again. But this time, you get to play up those bright spring colors. DIY a set of paper flowers, and attach them to string lights for some blooming gorgeous mood lighting. (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Origami Vase: Turn your love of folded paper into something super practical and pretty, like these rad vases. You can dress up your desk with this set of geometric vases and pencil holders. And for those date nights in, fold one of these vases to give a grocery store bouquet of peonies a seriously stylish update. (via Love Decorations)
11. DIY Floral Chandelier: This floral chandelier is ideal if you’re looking for a statement piece at your wedding. And if you’re not planning a wedding, you could still totally rock this in your home for spring. Make it with fake flowers to create a piece you can show off in your space all season long, or use real flowers for an extra special touch at your next brunch. (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY Hanging Egg Planters: Spring is all about hanging plants and flowers from the ceiling. These teeny tiny egg planters can be used as bud vases or for air plants if you want a look you can rock for a few months. If you’re looking for something more sturdy, you could always switch out the eggshells for plastic Easter egg halves. (via Brit + Co)
13. DIY Snack Ideas: Guys, National Snacking Month *is* a thing. It’s the perfect excuse to put down that bag of Cadbury eggs (the sugar crash is real!) and try making these super delicious three-ingredient treats that perfectly satisfy those mid-afternoon cravings. (via Brit + Co)
We want to see what you’re crafting this weekend! Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram using hashtag #iamcreative!