Peep the 20 Most LOL-Worthy Signs from Today’s Collective Marches
Between the amazing speeches (one of which is currently causing major Twitter waves, thanks to Ashley Judd), heartwarming quotes, life lessons learned and sheer volume in numbers, we think it’s safe to say that the Women’s March on Washington was, hands down, an empowering success if we’ve ever seen one. It lifted our spirits to no end to see so many come together in a show of unity in order to get a serious message across to Washington.
It wasn’t all work and no play, however: Some of the hilarious signs we found from the marches around the globe were sheer proof of that. Check out the ones that made us chuckle the hardest with our shout-outs below!
1. Cat Combover: This dynamic duo had us smiling with their sign of a cat having a bad hair day. (Photo via Janine Squallari)
2. Pretty in Pink: Bringing a little nostaglia into the mix, one protestor likened our new President to the villain of beloved ’80s chick flick, Pretty in Pink. (Photo via Andrew Caballero-Reynold/Getty)
3. “Just, no.”: This woman couldn’t be bothered to go into details, leaving it simply at, “Just, No.” (Photo via Terese Kroeger/Getty)
4. Danger, Girl: We spotted this Whoopi-wielding poster holder in NYC, with a fair warning for our new President: “Urine danger, girl!” (Ghost, anyone?) (Photo via Janine Squallari)
— ElizabethNolanBrown (@ENBrown) January 21, 2017
5. Comic Sans Monster: @ENBrown gave us a chuckle with her clever reference to everyone’s least favorite font.
— K. Locke (@Bibliogato) January 21, 2017
7. Mean Girls: @Biliogato gave us life with this throwback to 2004’s Mean Girls movie… only starring Rachel McAdams as our ovaries.
— grace (@jauregzus) January 21, 2017
8. Evil Kermit: The reign of the Evil Kermit meme lived on even at the March, where his darker alter ego told his good one to “smash the patriarchy.”
— Graham Fielder (@GRAHAMFIELDER) January 21, 2017
10. PO-ed Grandma: This grandma has had ENOUGH and she’s got the sign to prove it.
— Bitch Problems! (@FemaleTexts) January 22, 2017
11. Bieber Fever: Meanwhile, this young protestor got in on the hype by relating through a Justin Bieber tune. *shrugs*
— ŠíÑǹÖҪҽÑț™ (@Blackdoll69) January 22, 2017
12. Woke Naps: Even when he’s resting, this little guy is politically woke.
— Ashley Venus (@ItsAshy) January 22, 2017
13. Mariah’s Shade: This marcher threw some Mariah Carey level shade, simply saying, “I don’t know him.”
— Charlotte Rose (@char_dunham) January 22, 2017
14. Not Nickelback: Clearly this protestor didn’t hear about Avril Lavigne’s beef with Mark Zuckerberg: She accused Mike Pence of (gasp!) liking the band.
16. Harry Potter: This lovely woman reminded us all that without Hermione (a female, in case you didn’t recall), there’d be no Harry.
— ♡ (@normilasizzy) January 21, 2017
17. “Turn Back Time”: Cher (who attended the women’s march with gal pal Madonna) had her very own punchline at the event.
— Ghost Dansing (@ghostdansing) January 22, 2017
18. Introverts Appearance: This sign-holder joked that our current situation was dire enough even to spurn introverts out of their comfort zone and into action.
Need ideas for sign slogans for the Women's March next week pic.twitter.com/b0QvaxQqeL
— Cat Rocketship (@catrocketship) January 11, 2017
19. McD’s Slogan: Though we didn’t actually see this one at the march, we though it could perhaps be a new slogan for McDonald’s… no?
— Paige Bird (@PaigeBird17) January 22, 2017
20. Where to start? Last but not least was this woman, who had so many thoughts she couldn’t fit them all on one sign.
Which sign was your favorite? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Photos via Janine Squallari + Teresa Kroeger/Getty)