25 Totally Chill Peppermint Treats
Now that pumpkin season is over, we’re embracing another favorite seasonal flavor in full-force: peppermint. Heavy on the candy canes, these 25 pepperminty desserts know how to bring a welcome chilly flavor in a festive package. From cakes to cookies to candies made out of candy (whaaaat?) and more, this collection has it all — enjoy.
2. Peppermint Affogato: Sit down and enjoy this affogato after a day of shopping or a big holiday feast. It’ll provide you with a much-needed energy boost with just four easy ingredients. (via Jelly Toast)
4. Peppermint Marshmallows: The marbled swirl of red and white is so stunning it’s almost a shame to eat them. But you definitely should — s’mores, Rice Krispies treats and hot chocolate are just a few pairing ideas to get you started. (via Pastry Affair)
5. Peppermint Chocolate Bundt Cake: We’re all about that bundt, and this one made entirely from scratch is no trouble at all to whip up. Good thing, ’cause it’s sure to disappear quickly. (via Brit + Co)
10. Raw Triple Layered Peppermint Cream Cake: In the midst of a season filled with indulgence, it’s nice to have a low-sugar dessert to enjoy between holiday parties. Made with beets, cashews and coconut oil, this creamy cake is packed with peppermint flavor and nutrition. (via Purely Twins)
11. Peppermint Tiramisu Trifles: These impressive, no-bake trifles can be made a couple days ahead of time. They’re definitely a scrumptious-yet-easy recipe to have in your back pocket for the busy days ahead. (via Bakers Royale)
15. Chocolate Peppermint Macarons: Trust that these double chocolate macarons hit all the right minty notes. They even make great homemade gifts for a mere fraction of what they’d run at the local patisserie. (via Sweet Boake)
17. Chocolate Peppermint Loaves (Vegan): You’d never guess that these ganache-topped chocolate cakes are packed with whole grain flour and sweetened with maple syrup. Trust that they taste so much more decadent than that descriptor might lead you to believe. (via Faring Well)
18. Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Sticks: Reminiscent of biscotti — albeit a much less crunchy version — these cookie sticks are a hit with both kids and adults alike. They’re also a terrific accompaniment for a warm cup of joe or cocoa. (via I Heart Eating)
20. Peppermint Kahlua Oreo Milk: This Momofuku-inspired milk does a body good, but your taste buds are the clear winners. Don’t stop with just this pepperminty one; we’ve included recipes for three other distinct flavors that are just as delish to knock back. (via Peppermint Kahlua Oreo Milk)
23. Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free): These chewy chocolate cookies know how to please a crowd, even one filled with omnivores and gluten eaters. They’re just that good. (via Fettle Vegan)
24. Peppermint Mocha Ice Cream: It’s worth cranking up the heat a few degrees and tossing on a few more layers if that’s what it takes to enjoy a few scoops of this frozen treat. (via The Simple, Sweet Life)
Share your favorite pepperminty desserts with us below!