18 No-Bake Icebox Cake Recipes
Step away from the oven. We love fresh-baked cake as much as the next gal, but with summer in full-swing, who wants to melt off their makeup in a hot kitchen? Not us! This is probably why our intelligent foremothers created an ideal dessert for this very occasion: the icebox cake. Initially, this cold and decadent dessert featured a shortbread base, topped with layers of pudding and whipped cream that set in the fridge. Nowadays, there are endless varieties of this special confection, and we’ve rounded up the 18 sweetest ones for your next summer soirée.
1. Cherry Icebox Birthday Cake: Birthdays can be busy, but this cake means less time spent baking and more time spent celebrating. The sprinkles and cherry on top make it most definitely b-day-worthy. (via Willow Bird Baking)
2. Strawberry + Blueberry Cheesecake Icebox Cake: This red, white and blue cake isn’t just patriotic, it’s delicious! Using golden Oreos and cheesecake-flavored pudding create a one-of-a-kind flavor. (via Life, Love + Sugar)
3. Mint Oreo Icebox Cake: How do you feel about a cake that starts with dipping Oreos into milk? We feel pretty good about it. The mint is a refreshing addition to this rich dessert. (via Life, Love + Sugar)
4. No-Bake Icebox Cake: This recipe is as delicious as it is simple, and it’s a great place to start if you’re thinking of making an icebox cake. Use whatever fruit is fresh to make it seasonal. (via The Kitchn)
7. Raspberry + Chocolate Frozen Greek Yogurt: A yummy combination of fruit, ladyfingers and yogurt create a unique dessert that’s one part tiramisu, one part cheesecake (and all parts awesome). (via The Noshery)
10. Nutter Butter Icebox Cake: Peanut butter and chocolate come together once again in this delightful dessert. Using the classic cookies from your childhood make the cold treat extra special. (via Cookies + Cups)
15. Pumpkin Chai Icebox Cake: If you believe (like us) that pumpkin isn’t just a fall flavor, this cake is definitely for you. It begins with homemade chai cookies that are layered with a silky whipped topping that’s seriously scrumptious. (via Style Sweet CA)
16. Zebra Chocolate Icebox Cake: How cute are the zebra stripes inside this cake? Oreos and whipped cream work together to create the precious pattern. This dessert is one that you won’t soon forget. (via Sabrina Sue)
17. Brownie Espresso Icebox Layer Cake: Although not technically an icebox cake, this delicious treat combines what we love about oven-baked cakes with what we love about icebox ones. All you’ve got to do is bake the individual pieces ahead of time and let that tasty cake set in the fridge. And did we mention the espresso Nutella frosting?! (via Butter Baking)
18. Chocolate-Raspberry Icebox Cake: How gorgeous is this sweet ombre creation?! Almost to good-looking to eat — almost. The delicious layers get a huge upgrade as raspberries are added to whipped cream for deeper, richer color (and taste). (via Reclaiming Provincial)
Will you stay cool by making cakes without the oven this summer? Let us know in the comments below!