Traditional pizza is pretty perfect. The crust + tomato sauce + mozzarella combo makes a great blank canvas for tons of flavor profiles and variations. But have you ever wondered what it would be like to eat a pizza that isn’t in regular pizza form? Well, we have, so we hunted down some pizza–inspired recipes that bring the flavor of our favorite pizzas without abiding by the usual layout. Think pizza grilled cheese, pizza pot pie and pizza ravioli. Mouth watering yet? Keep reading.
1. Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese: Why have a plain ol’ grilled cheese when you could have one made with two types of cheese, pepperoni and pizza sauce? (via A Culinary Journey With Chef Dennis)
2. Pizza Rolls: The whole family will love this fast and easy pizza roll recipe. Try rolling some veggies in there as well to up the health factor. (via Tablespoon)
3. Margherita Pizza Quesadilla: This quesadilla requires only four ingredients — mozzarella, tomato, basil and tortillas. (via The Kitchen Paper)
4. Pizza Pot Pie: This upside-down pizza pot pie looks GLORIOUS. We’re all about the homemade pizza crust. (via Food Jimoto)
5. Spicy Blood Mary: I mean… a spicy bloody Mary is basically a liquid pizza, especially when there’s pepperoni slices and cheese cubes involved. (via Pip + Ebby)
6. Pizza Bread: We’re obsessed with this loaded pizza loaf. We may even whip up our own marinara to make this recipe fully homemade! (via Inspired by Charm)
7. Spinach, Artichoke and Bacon Stuffed Soft Pretzels: Imagine a white pizza in pretzel form. Well, this is what it looks like! (via Half Baked Harvest)
8. Loaded Mini Taco Pizzas: This pizza-taco fusion really works, but we may sub out refried beans for mashed black beans. (via Taste and Tell)
9. Pizza Pull-Apart Bread: Uhhh… pizza pullout bread? Are we in heaven??? (via Brit + Co)
10. Triple Meat Pizza Casserole: If you’re worried about your cholesterol, keep on scrolling. This indulgent casserole is made with sausage, Canadian bacon and pepperoni. (via The Gunny Sack)
11. Pizza Soup and Croutons: This pizza soup + homemade seasoned croutons will warm you up on those crisp fall evenings. (via The Gunny Sack)
12. Pizza Lasagna Rolls: These lasagna rolls look completely delicious. There’s no way we can have just one. (via Rachel Cooks)
13. Homemade Pizza Buns: No more pizza buns from the grocery store for us! We’re makin’ our own from now on. (via Seasons & Suppers)
14. Strawberry-Mascarpone Dessert Pizza: And of course, we had to include a dessert pizza. This puppy is made with a cookie crust and topped with mascarpone whipped cream, nutella, fresh strawberries and orange zest. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
Which of these sinful pizza recipes are you ready to try? Let us know in the comments!