She taught you how to master your cat eye, sat through Netflix marathons with you, and even helped you bake that layered cake for your parents’ anniversary. Whether she’s older, the same age, or younger, your sister has always been there for you. She’s your person. But when it comes to buying her the perfect birthday gift, you’re stumped. The following 30 shop items are funny, loving, and upbeat — just like your favorite gal.
1. Ash and Ember Co Sister Canvas Tote Bag ($16): In case she’s forgotten how important her sister is, this bag will serve as a daily reminder. The best part about this free-standing tote is that she’ll be able to use it for everything from a quick grocery store run to a trip to the beach.
3. Kate Spade New York 17-Month Large Agenda ($50): Birthdays may only last for a day, but she’ll be able to plan ahead for the next one with this beautiful floral agenda. It covers 17 months, which would work quite well for a student.
4. Colour Me Good Ryan Gosling Paperback by Mel Elliott ($12): Who wouldn’t love a coloring book of this hunk? That’s the real question.
6. Fairebroderie Sorry I’m Late Hat ($15): One of the great things about having a sibling is that you’re able to tease them, no matter what. This cap gives you the opportunity to poke fun at one of your sister’s most annoying habits.
7. Thimblepress Confetti Push-Pop Set ($10): Dessert push-pops are great, but confetti push-pops are a thousand times better. Here’s to a great celebration and many, many more.
8. Herbs and Oils Bath Himalayan Pink Salt Bath Soak ($20): Everybody needs a day to relax, and a birthday seems like a great option. Let your sister soak her worries away with this refreshing bottle of Bolivian Rose and Himalayan salts.
10. Brit + Co DIY Nail Art Class ($9): This could (hopefully) be the gift that keeps on giving when your sister becomes your go-to mani artist!
11. Julianne Blumlo Freeform Druzy Pendant ($58): You might need to buy this for your sister. And then immediately borrow it.
12. iSkelter Beauty Station ($40): Make your sister feel like the modern makeup maven she is with a station that easily organizes all of her favorite products AND provides a stand for a gadget that plays her favorite tutorials.
13. Forever 21 Jelly Sandals ($13): Aw, just like the sandals you guys used to wear when you were little!
14. Dreamland Case Rosé All Day Phone Case ($13): Cheers to this cheeky phone case!
15. Define Design Etc Sisters Gift Friends TV Show Soy Candle ($23): Maybe you grew up watching Friends together, maybe she adores the scent of blackberries and vanilla — either way, this gift is spot on for sis.
16. Duo Studio State Wood Wall Art ($20): They say that home is where the heart is, and this is the best way to show it. This wood art is customizable so you can bring back the memories of your childhood home no matter where it was.
18. RBBoutiqueLLC Thelma to Her Louise Friendship Cuffs ($28): Your sister has always been your partner in crime, even if that crime was keeping it a secret when you stole an extra cookie from the jar (sorry, Mom).
19. Liddabit Sweets Fig-Ricotta Boxed Caramels ($9): A box of unique sweets for a unique and sweet sister. How fitting.
20. Seize the Night Fortune Cookie Necklace ($38): Deliver your sister’s fortune, or, if you know her intimate hopes and dreams, create a personalized fortune that fits her.
21. Purple Lemonade Girls With Class Flask ($11): Just a simple reminder for anyone who needs to know how awesome your sister is. We love the fun cherry pattern on this flask.
24. MOCREO Selfie Stick ($17): While the photos you two take may not become as famous as Ellen’s Oscars selfie, the memories held in them are just as (if not more) wonderful. This selfie stick is here to help you add to that memorable gallery.
25. Lux Accessories Gold Happy Birthday Headband ($9): Finally, the essential tiara for the birthday princess.
26. For Your Party Personalized Cocktail Napkins ($34+ for 100): Pair a set of customized party napkins with a bottle of bubbly and some flutes, and you’ve got a quick and easy party kit to celebrate your #1 sis with.
27. Pinky Up Rose Gold Tea Kettle ($46): Feed her tea addition with a cute rose gold tea kettle that looks just as sitting on the stovetop as it does when it’s being used.
28. Jenny’s Knit Co Chunky Knit Blanket ($55+): She’s always complaining about being cold. After you gift her this uber chunky throw, her chilly woes will be no more.
29. BARBARIAN by Barbra Ignatiev Wild At Heart Passport Holder ($24): Get the prettiest passport holder for your jet setter. Brownie points for putting tickets inside for a surprise sister getaway.
30. One Pound of Strawberry Starbursts ($15): Something sweet that’s sure to please? Her very favorite Starburst color (and a pound of it at that.) Happy eating!
Who is your favorite gift to give your sis? Let us know @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Additional reporting by Sarah Koller)