The 31 Best Birthday Gifts to Get Your Sister
She taught you how to master your cat eye, sat through Netflix marathons with you, and even helped you bake that layered cake for your parents’ anniversary. Whether she’s older, the same age, or younger, your sister has always been there for you. She’s your person. But when it comes to buying her the perfect birthday gift, you’re stumped. The following 30 shop items are funny, loving, and upbeat — just like your favorite gal.
1. Ash and Ember Co Sister Canvas Tote Bag ($16): In case she’s forgotten how important her sister is, this bag will serve as a daily reminder. The best part about this free-standing tote is that she’ll be able to use it for everything from a quick grocery store run to a trip to the beach.
3. Kate Spade New York Medium Planner ($30): Birthdays may only last for a day, but she’ll be able to plan ahead for the next one with this beautiful floral agenda. It covers 17 months, which would work quite well for a student.
4. Color Me Swoon by Mel Elliott ($12): Who wouldn’t love a coloring book of these hunks? That’s the real question.
6. Fairebroderie Sorry I’m Late Hat ($15): One of the great things about having a sibling is that you’re able to tease them, no matter what. This cap gives you the opportunity to poke fun at one of your sister’s most annoying habits.
7. CrankyCakesShop Rainbow Confetti Poppers ($9 for a Set of Three): Dessert push-pops are great, but confetti push-pops are a thousand times better. Here’s to a great celebration and many, many more.
8. URPOWER Essential Oil Diffuser ($17): Everybody needs a day to relax, and a birthday seems like a great option. Help turn your sister’s home into a spa-like chill-out space with this essential oil diffuser.
9. Everlane The Modern Snap Backpack ($80): If your sister is still carrying around her old college backpack, it’s time for an upgrade. This reverse denim backpack is adult, stylish, and comfy.
10. Herbivore Coco Rose Body Polish ($44): Give her something to pamper herself after a long day at work — this body polish has a light coconut and rose petal scent and will make her skin feel baby-smooth.
11. Julianne Blumlo Freeform Druzy Pendant ($58): You might need to buy this for your sister. And then immediately borrow it.
12. iSkelter Beauty Station ($40): Make your sister feel like the modern makeup maven she is with a station that easily organizes all of her favorite products AND provides a stand for a gadget that plays her favorite tutorials.
13. Forever 21 Jelly Sandals ($13): Aw, just like the sandals you guys used to wear when you were little!
14. Dreamland Case Rosé All Day Phone Case ($13): Cheers to this cheeky phone case!
15. Define Design Etc Sisters Gift Friends TV Show Soy Candle ($23): Maybe you grew up watching Friends together, maybe she adores the scent of blackberries and vanilla — either way, this gift is spot-on for sis.
16. Duo Studio State Wood Wall Art ($20): They say that home is where the heart is, and this is the best way to show it. This wood art is customizable so you can bring back the memories of your childhood home no matter where it was.
18. RBBoutiqueLLC Thelma to Her Louise Friendship Cuffs ($28): Your sister has always been your partner in crime, even if that crime was keeping it a secret when you stole an extra cookie from the jar (sorry, Mom).
19. Seize the Night Fortune Cookie Necklace ($38): Deliver your sister’s fortune, or, if you know her intimate hopes and dreams, create a personalized fortune that fits her.
20. MAKO 5 oz Stainless Steel Round Flask ($14): Help her keep the party going on the go with this fun flask.
23. MOCREO Selfie Stick ($17): While the photos you two take may not become as famous as Ellen’s Oscars selfie, the memories held in them are just as (if not more) wonderful. This selfie stick is here to help you add to that memorable gallery.
24. Lux Accessories Gold Happy Birthday Headband ($9): Finally, the essential tiara for the birthday princess.
25. Asriver Succulent Planter Pot ($16 for Set of three): Even if your sister doesn’t have a green thumb, these colorful ceramic pots will make it seem like she does. Bonus: Pick up a few hardy succulents in the Amazon Plants Store.
26. Pinky UpTea Kettle ($46): Feed her tea addition with a cute rose gold tea kettle that looks just as good sitting on the stovetop as it does when it’s being used.
27. UGG Duffield Throw ($98): She’s always complaining about being cold. After you gift her this ultra-soft, plush blanket, her chilly woes will be no more.
28. BARBARIAN by Barbra Ignatiev Wild At Heart Passport Holder ($24): Get the prettiest passport holder for your jet setter. Brownie points for putting tickets inside for a surprise sister getaway.
29. One Pound of Strawberry Starbursts ($15): Something sweet that’s sure to please? Her very favorite Starburst color (and a pound of it at that). Happy eating!
30. What Do You Meme Adult Party Game ($30): Do you and your sis love a good game night? Give her this party game, which combines her love of memes and friendly competition, and you’ll both be laughing all night long.
31. Northpoint Lightbox ($25): Give your sister the gift of light(box)… and a trendy way to display all of her favorite little sayings as well as your inside jokes.
What is your favorite gift to give your sis? Let us know @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Additional reporting by Sarah Koller)