A Dozen Essentials for Stay-at-Home Dads
Dads are the greatest. Their endless love, crazy antics and ability to Tetris-stack the entire household into a minivan for summer vacations have always kept them so near and dear to our hearts. These days, one in five dads are the primary caregivers in the household, so it’s pretty likely you know (or are even married to) a stay-at-home dad. And, as you may know, these dudes take on some major responsibilities. Check out these 12 essentials that let stay-at-home dads do it all, from cookin’ in the kitchen to keeping track of the kids, in serious style.
1. Radio Flyer Classic Red Wagon ($90): It’s the wagon he grew up riding in, and now nothing would make him happier than hauling his own kids around in it. Whether trekking to the beach or just taking a leisurely neighborhood stroll, it’s the perfect pick.
3. Extendable Baby Bunting Bag ($189): Dads appreciate resourcefulness, so they’ll love this incredible half-blanket, half-onesie. It magically fits little ones from infancy to preschool age, adapts to any stroller or car seat and converts into a blanket. It’s something they’ll use all the time in a ton of different situations.
4. Backpack Depot Diaper Bag ($120): We love a trendy bag as much as the next girl, but this incredible backpack is the stuff dads’ dreams are made of. A ventilated pouch for pacifiers, a diaper station with a built-in changing pad and a waterproof sack for wet clothes or food are just a few of its stellar features. Bonus: It comes in many manly colors.
5. Kennedy Rocking Chair ($949): Every stay-at-home dad needs a rocker in which he can put the babes to sleep without feeling like a grandma. This mid-century rocker should do the trick with its modern frame and smart, textured upholstery.
6. NatureBox ($200 for 12 months): Parenting is hard work, but busy dads can cross shopping for snacks off their list with this snack subscription service. Healthy treats are delivered each month to keep the entire family satisfied.
7. BOB Ironman Stroller ($336): Dad needs to stay in shape in addition to keepin’ the house in check, and this jogging stroller is begging him to hit the trail. It’s guaranteed to keep kids safe and parents on their game.
8. Rockabye Baby Lullaby Renditions ($18): Kid music can be the pits, but rad dads love these lullaby renditions of songs made famous by artists like Bob Marley, The Beatles, Michael Jackson and Jay Z.
9. On-the-Go Feeding Spoon ($5): The best dads are ready for anything. A portable spoon will make sure he’s prepared for meal time whenever he leaves the house, whether on a quick walk or cross-country road trip.
10. Swiss Army Knife ($22): A classic tool with endless uses, every dad needs this knife. Whether he uses the can opener for baby food or the corkscrew to break into his favorite bottle is totally up to him.
What’s the one parenting item you can’t live without? Let us know in the comments below or Tweet us about the SAH Dad in your life!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)