While we generally think of our memories visually, smell is actually the most powerful memory trigger of all. And it makes sense — the smell of cookies might remind you of grandma’s house, and a certain flower might remind you of that bouquet you received for your birthday. From Modern Muse Le Rouge to Trèsor Midnight Rose, the 13 new summer perfumes listed below probably won’t remind you of anything from your past, but that’s alright. It just means that there’s room left for new summer memories that you’ll look back on fondly for years to come.
1. Eau de Parfum Légère ($68): While this bottle alone is beautiful, the scent is as well. A delicate combination of a floral and a deeper, velvety fragrance, this perfume is soon to become one of your favorites.
3. Trèsor Midnight Rose Eau de Parfum ($55): Perfect for date night, this sweet scent blends vanilla, rose and raspberry to attain a flirty result. C’est magnifique!
5. Green Tea Bamboo Eau de Toilette ($40): Bamboo is a rare ingredient in fragrances, making this Elizabeth Arden scent especially unique. It’s sort of woodsy, but still quite sweet.
7. Walk on Air Eau de Parfum ($95): We’re hugeKate Spade fans here at Brit + Co, and that definitely extends to her perfume lines as well. As the name suggests, this summery perfume will give you that little boost of confidence that’ll have you strutting down the street like nobody’s business.
8. Original by Anja Rubik Eau de Parfum ($110): With top notes of green tea and pink peppercorn, this fragrance is anything but ordinary. The bottle may look simple, but boy, is this bold.
9. Live Joyously Eau de Parfum ($22): The key to living joyously? According to Philosophy, it’s this fun and blossoming perfume. The best part about it is that it’s formulated with a blend of fragrance oils that provide a longer-lasting scent.
10. Stella Eau de Toilette ($68): Ever wanted to know what a Bulgarian rose smells like? Now’s your chance to breathe in the floral smells of Europe without a plane ticket.
12. Modern Muse Le Rouge ($62): Reality star and model Kendall Jenner recently posed for this Estée Lauder perfume, and it was quite dramatic. That glamour and sophistication is reflected in the perfume’s smell, making it the perfect choice for any time of the day.
13. Ballroom Philosopher Eau de Parfum ($50): Seriously, rose-scented products aren’t going away any time soon, and we’re glad about it. Slip some of this on your wrists, and you’ll be ready to dance the night away.
What’s your favorite perfume of the summer? Let us know in the comments below!