Last year, #OscarsSoWhite went viral, with plenty of peeps questioning the diversity, inclusiveness, and even the relevancy of the show in this day and age. Though there were a few lol-worthy moments once the awards ceremony got rolling, there was a rather serious air to the affair to be sure (and it seemed to make a difference: This year has already proven to be much more diverse).
Now, with less than a week to go before the big show, a new hashtag has been born around the ceremony, with #OscarsWeNeed pointing out… well… the Oscars (categories) we need. This time around, however, the results are beyond perfect and totally hilarious. From the weirdly random to the viciously on-point, check out our favorite #OscarsWeNeed Tweets below.
1. @MatthewACherry: Look how he manages to sweep without ever touching the ground!
2. @Darth_Zuul: Because all of us are Peter when it happens.
3. @MarlowNYC: Just LOOK at that seagull’s side-eye!
4. @vendo_matt: We’re suddenly feeling hungry…
5. @MatthewACherry: Something seems amiss.
6. @Yorkdel: AKA every teen film ever.
7. @shewhoisgreat: We have a few nominations…
8. @Geometry_Fletch: Why IS there always rogue fruit?
10. @ThingsRemindMe: It appears that seagull has some competition!
11. @deebirdz: …but of course.
And the clear winner is…
12. @growingupzee: BEST CAT FOR THE WIN!
What Oscars do you think we need? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photo via Jeff Lipsky/Getty)