12 Tie Dye Dessert Recipes That Will Bring You Back to the ‘70s
If you’re OBSESSED with all things colorful, you probably fall in love with rainbow-colored *everything*, including ’70s-inspired tie dye treats. You’ve naturally already mastered your rainbow grilled cheese (AND rocked a selfie to show off the sandwich + rainbow nails, you #genius) but the swooning over all things ROYGBIV still isn’t sated. Thankfully, there is a new colorful concept in town that foodies are falling in love with: recipes for rainbow treats. Take your noshing to the next level by throwing your snacks back to the ‘70s. That’s right, we’re talking tie-dyed sweet treats. Scroll down to find your next fix! Fair warning: You’ll be feeling extra groovy by the end of this list.
1. DIY Tie Dye S’mores: The secret of these babies is in the homemade rainbow marshmallows. After one taste of these classic summer treats with a colorful twist, you’ll never go back to regular marshmallows again. (via Studio DIY)
2. Healthy Tie-Dye Smoothie: Mornings would not be complete without this healthy + colorful drink. Start the day off right by making this refreshingly easy recipe that will keep your tummy happy until lunchtime. (via Crazy Vegan Kitchen)
3. Tie Dye Yule Log: Yule logs don’t have to be limited to the holiday season — this bad boy is something you’ll want to make all year ’round. All you need is a little frosting and cake batter, and you’ll be ready to get baking. (via Studio DIY)
4. Tie-Dye Chocolate Ball: Melting chocolate balls have been going viral lately on the Internet, so why not jump in on the fun and make your own? This multicolored munch is sure to keep your sweet tooth extra satisfied. (via Spoon University)
5. Tie Dye Vanilla Cheesecake Bars: These dessert bars are basically a work of art. When making these delicious bites, try to remember that even though they are gorgeous, they’re also insanely yummy and must be devoured once you’re posted them on Insta. (via Inside BruCrew Life)
6. Tie Dye Buttercream Frosting: Frosting is not a joke — no matter what the flavor, it’s all about presentation. Show off your aesthetic eye by creating a cupcake topper that is sure to impress. (via The Bewitchin’ Kitchen)
7. Tie-Dyed Rice Krispie Treats: Remember how fun making Rice Krispie treats was when you were younger? Well, it’s about to get a whole lot better. Food coloring is the life of the party when it comes to creating beautifully mouthwatering snacks. (via In Katrina’s Kitchen)
8. Cake Batter Birthday Waffles: Sprinkles, sprinkles and more sprinkles! Create a classic breakfast dish that you’ll want to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner, every day of the year. Don’t forget the whipped cream. (via Dear Crissy)
9. Tie Dye Sugar Cookies: Keeping things simple is what this recipe is all about. Two ingredients is all you need to make your inner My Little Pony-lover giddy. (via Pretty Providence)
10. Tie-Dye Cake in a Mug: If you’re looking for something sweet to make just for you (and maybe your boo), than ditch the whole cake and make these individual yummies. Swirled with whatever colors you want in just a single mug, this cake is a great alternative to a multi-layered masterpiece. (via Brit + Co)
11. Marbled Pop Tart: These tarts are a unicorn’s favorite bite. Make up the colorful dough and fill it with whatever fruity jam you want for a bite you’ll never forget. Pro tip: Fill these guys with some Nutella for a to-die-for treat. (via Aww, Sam)
12. Tie Dye Cheesecake: If the colors in this classic dessert doesn’t make you fall in love with it, than we don’t know what will. Between the creaminess of each bite, the endless sprinkles and the insanely good crust, you won’t be able to choose just one aspect as your favorite. (via Sprinkles for Breakfast)
Craving even more rainbow delights? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful recipe ideas.