50 Delicious Recipes to Have Waffles for Dessert
Having breakfast for dinner is pretty common, but having breakfast for dessert sounds WAY better. Step aside, pancakes, ’cause waffles are back in town and they are here to stay. Get ready to scoop that ice cream and load the syrup — heck, we’ll swim in it — and bask in the glory of happiness that only waffles can supply (minus watching Magic Mike XXL, of course). Scroll through for 50 yummy recipes to indulge in post-dinner.
1. Chocolate Caramel Liege Waffles: If you’re not drooling from just looking at this picture, then something is seriously wrong. With the light powdery sugar, drizzle of caramel sauce and loads of chocolate, this dessert needs to get in our stomaches right now. (via Bakingdom)
5. Brie and Blueberry Waffle Grilled Cheese: Who says you can’t have grilled cheese for dessert? Add a few slices of brie and blueberry compote in between buttery waffles, drizzle maple syrup and then stuff your face ’til you can’t no more. (via Damn Delicious)
6. Cannoli Dip: Ever loved eating a cannoli so much that you just wanted a whole bowl of filling all to yourself? Well, wishes are coming true today with this recipe. Not only is it delicious, but the ingredients are much healthier than that other stuff. (via Host the Toast)
9. Carrot Cake Waffles: We don’t need to be Bugs Bunny to be all over this carrot cake. Just add the maple-nut-cream-cheese topping and sprinkle more nuts for an extra crunch. (via Inspired by Family Mag)
10. Chai Latte Waffles: While these waffles would be perfect for fall, we recommend listening to your gut and having them now. Sprinkle some powdered sugar and make yourself a cup of chai for a cozy night in. (via Frau Zuckerstein)
12. Chocolate Stout Waffle Sundae: Beer and chocolate are meant to be together, and this waffle is a great example of that. Add vanilla ice cream and drizzle chocolate stout fudge sauce to ignite all your tastebuds. (via The Beeroness)
13. Dark Chocolate Zucchini Cake Waffles: Don’t let the vegetable deter you from this delicious treat. With a plethora of chocolate and a large scoop of ice cream, these waffles will instantaneously melt in your mouth. (via The Candid Appetite)
14. Waffle Iron Churos: These waffles are perfect for a quick, easy snack. Just let them swim in a pool of chocolate sauce and enjoy. We won’t blame you if you “accidentally” eat all of them at once. (via Serious Eats)
15. Mini Whole Wheat Cinnamon French Toast Waffles: Say goodbye to your fork and knife and say hello to dunking. These mini french toast waffles are easy to dunk into a tub of syrup each and every time you take a bite. (via Half Baked Harvest)
16. Cinnamon Roll Waffles: If you have a package of cinnamon rolls in your fridge, take them out and place them in your waffle iron for an OMG-I-can’t-believe-I-haven’t-thought-of-this-before treat. (via Tablespoon)
17. Cinnamon Rolls Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches: Take those cinnamon roll waffles and place a scoop of mint chocolate chip in between them. Then add sprinkles and icing on top. Just looking at this treat makes our mouths water. (via Pillsbury)
19. Donut Waffles With Maple Glaze: We donut know which is better: The fact that these are covered in maple glaze, or that they are super easy to make. We’ll take them all, please! (via Handle the Heat)
22. Fruit Loop Waffles With Milk Glaze: Forget cereal in the bowl. Instead, put the cereal INSIDE the waffles for a fruity-yet-sweet treat. Pour a milk glaze over for a whole lotta deliciousness. (via The Blonde Buckeye)
23. Funfetti Waffles: These waffles are flavored with cake batter, topped with a cake batter glaze and sprinkled with rainbow sprinkles. It will most definitely feel like your birthday every time you eat them. (via Krissy’s Creations)
26. Vanilla and Chocolate Waffle Cone Tacos: Two ice cream scoops cradled inside a waffle shell and sprinkled with whatever toppings we want is always a must-have for hot summer nights. (via Sift and Whisk)
27. Krispy Kreme Waffles: When your favorite donuts are pressed into waffles and covered in syrup, there really is no going back. Nothing else will compare to how awesome these little guys taste. (via Oh, Bite It!)
29. Liége Waffles: If you love waffles but want to try something other than the Belgian style, then try making Liége waffles. They are just as tasty, but not as thick. Bon appétit! (via Chef in Training)
31. Nutella Banana Waffles Sandwich: If you love bananas and Nutella on toast, then this waffle is your new BFF. Add some marshmallow fluff to really bring the nostalgia back. (via The Baker Upstairs)
32. Peanut Butter and Jelly Waffles: It’s peanut butter + jelly time! With a subtle hint of grape flavor and loads of peanut butter syrup, this is a new twist on a classic you will surely begin to love. (via Paper and Stitch)
33. Frozen Waffle Pies: Don’t let anyone touch your Eggos with this amazing recipe. Place the fruit and custard yogurt inside a tiny waffle, then freeze for two hours. Decorate if you like, or just stuff ’em in your mouth. Either way it’s a win-win. (via Eggo Recipes)
36. S’mores Red Velvet Waffles: If there was one type of waffle to madly fall in love with, it would be this one. We can’t believe we didn’t think of this marshmallowy, chocolatey creation before. (via Beyond Frosting)
37. Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Waffles: These Reese’s peanut butter waffles are totally a dessert for champions. They deserve a gold medal for just being so awesomely good-looking. (via Krissy Creations)
43. S’moreffles: Dessert never looked so good with this graham cracker dough stuffed with chocolate and marshmallows. It looks a little messy, but at least it will be a delicious hot mess to eat. (via Will It Waffle)
45. Birthday Waffle Cake: No one needs to know that you just made a birthday cake for yourself when it’s not even your birthday. And how can one argue when the cake looks this good? (via Eazy Peazy Mealz)
48. White Chocolate and Peanut Buttery Waffle Snack: We are not afraid to scarf this mix down. While you might make some enemies from not sharing, at least your tummy will be extremely happy. (via Averie Cooks)
50. Nutella Waffle Sandwich Cookies: Isn’t it crazy to think that these waffles cookies were made using a panini press? With only a spread of Nutella, they are simple, crispy and oh-so good. (via Just a Taste)
What is your favorite waffle recipe? Let us know in the comments below!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.